SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low order charge?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Low order charge? Reply with quote

Gotta say i'm a bit upset with you guys when it comes to an extra charge tacked on to my order because its small. I know for a fact you can ship my order for much less than 6.95 and then to tack an extra 2.00 onto that (i presume because the order is just for 3 of new Crusader dice). Will probably cause me to double think ordering new stuff in the future. Confused
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

An open letter I've posted before:
Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. However, you have it exactly backwards. With what we get charged each order for credit card payments, the extra $2 just has us breaking even when the order amount is under $25. Now if you want to pay us via cash or check, we would be happy to waive the low order fee.

In other words, no matter how little you like it, we are not going to sell our product at a loss just for your convenience. If we don't make enough money, there will not be any more Dragon Dice™. As it is, everyone that is currently working for this company, myself included, gets no salary or money from this company. We are putting every $1 back into keeping this game going. Now do your part and order more dice.

Chuck Pint
SFR President

And yes, shipping costs less than $6.95. However, have you taken into account the cost of putting that package into the mail? Tape, labels, gas for the car to take it to the Post Office, all add up. We do not make money on shipping, most times we are losing money on shipping.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are losing money on shipping and such, bump the price up for the dice. I think most of us would have been willing to pay more for the dice, just dont like getting docked for ordering a different amount...makes me feel you dont value my patronage. I have bought alot of Dragon Dice™ and will continue to buy new product, just may have to wait til it comes thru other channels. Would prefer to buy directly from your site so you get all the money. All I'm saying is I would not have complained if the price of the dice was 5 bucks each , just hate hidden charges...ding, ding, ding. Rolling Eyes
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
An open letter I've posted before:
Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. However, you have it exactly backwards. With what we get charged each order for credit card payments, the extra $2 just has us breaking even when the order amount is under $25. Now if you want to pay us via cash or check, we would be happy to waive the low order fee.

In other words, no matter how little you like it, we are not going to sell our product at a loss just for your convenience. If we don't make enough money, there will not be any more Dragon Dice™™. As it is, everyone that is currently working for this company, myself included, gets no salary or money from this company. We are putting every $1 back into keeping this game going. Now do your part and order more dice.

Chuck Pint
SFR President

And yes, shipping costs less than $6.95. However, have you taken into account the cost of putting that package into the mail? Tape, labels, gas for the car to take it to the Post Office, all add up. We do not make money on shipping, most times we are losing money on shipping.

No that was just a bit rude wasnt it? I'm a customer and as such, allowed to be dissatisfied occasionally.You are a business and as such should temper your replies to customers a bit eh?
Drachenwürfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I See SFR not as a real buissnes. They brought us back Dragon Dice™, and Nobody gets a single Dollar (or Euro) for his work. They all do a Big work for the community, so i do not see any Problem with the Kind some Things are getting done.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so instead of paying more for the expensive order (small orders cost us more as a percentage), you want us to over-charge all the people with big orders? That's what would happen if we raised the price on the dice. Now you really have it backwards.

And trust me on this, if we were a "real business", these would not go for $3, but for $9.95. If that's what everyone wants us to do, please let us know.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggsaladsandwich wrote:
All I'm saying is I would not have complained if the price of the dice was 5 bucks each , just hate hidden charges...ding, ding, ding. Rolling Eyes
3+2 or 5+0 doesn't it come out to be the same?
digitalsith
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping prices blow, end of story. I am a big eBayer, and I buy a lot of gaming crap all over the web and honestly this is a pretty common rate. And no don’t raise the prices on dice lol. Just make bigger orders if shipping is a issue.
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
OK, so instead of paying more for the expensive order (small orders cost us more as a percentage), you want us to over-charge all the people with big orders? That's what would happen if we raised the price on the dice. Now you really have it backwards.

And trust me on this, if we were a "real business", these would not go for $3, but for $9.95. If that's what everyone wants us to do, please let us know.

Of course everyone likes the cheap dice. But ask yourselves this: Which "company" has the better chance of staying around? One that has priced their product so that they make a little money? Or one that survives just on the passion of its owners and doesnt make money?
Given a choice, I prefer to know Dragon Dice™ will be around for a long time (because it has positive cash flow) , than suddenly hear that it will no longer be supported because the owners got tired of doing stuff for free.
The only thing that upset me was the "hidden" cost for "low order charge" that popped up at the last point of paying. I just have an extremely low tolerance for this kind of thing, call it a pet peeve. My 2 cents, I shall shut my yap now. Wink
MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished filling 18 orders. On the low order thing I agree. But what else can we do we have to pay the credit card fees and when you spend less we still have to pay the same amount.

There are times I get two orders from one person before I ship so I will ship those together and I refund the extra shipping and if one of the orders had a low order fee I do refund it.

Just look at the low order fee as a tip for me! Laughing Not that I get paid but... it all works out in the wash!

Miss Tiffany
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bummed that when I put 1 Dragoncrusader in my cart just to see what shipping would cost, it was $6.80 (or something like that). It didn't make sense to me to pay $3 for a die (actually, I was planning on getting two) and then double that to ship it. I was hoping a few other dice that were hinted at were going to be available at the same time (after the April Fool's joke was over) so I could order once and pay only one shipping charge... but no luck. Since the Dragoncrusaders were announced as "limited print run" (and I was not happy when I saw the "Out of Stock" the first time I checked this die), I didn't want to wait for other new dice to be added to the site (since for all I know, there won't be any new dice added to the site before GenCon). All this means that I felt that I had to order now.

What is the point of this post? I wasn't going to pay $6 for two dice and then over $6 to ship them, so I bought my 5 year old daughter (who is mesmorized by my dice) a set of Dragonlords and added a Scalder lotto ticket (a Scalder kicker pack) to the order, just for fun. I will let her open it and see if she gets lucky. Since shipping didnt change, it was a better overall value. I'd rather have it this way than all dice becoming more expensive.

Moral of my story... Buy more dice! Wink
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
Since shipping didnt change, it was a better overall value. I'd rather have it this way than all dice becoming more expensive.

Moral of my story... Buy more dice! Wink

An excellent example and moral.

The way shipping calculation works is that to mail you an empty box costs 'X'. That cost doesn't change until the weight goes over a certain threshold. (no I don't know exactly what it is)

So you could actually add enough dice to avoid the 'low order fee' and have the weight still be under the threshold to start costing more.

As for the 'other dice', yes the plan is to 'release' them at Gencon (which means online at the same time to be shipped after Gencon)

There is one other surprise, but its likely to wait until gencon as well... Here's a hint...
Something old
Something new
Something borrowed
Something blue

That describes all of the new product releases for 2011 Wink
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
(and I was not happy when I saw the "Out of Stock" the first time I checked this die)
Just to make it clear. On April 1st, the die was never 'IN STOCK'.

MissTiffany had the very good point that we didn't want someone to buy the die because of the fake rules I posted and then get pissed. So it was posted but out of stock for 24 hours until the silly season was over for the year.

Now if you buy it you know the real rules...
Phantamos Mang
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it quicker to get a shop to order these from a supplier or to order these directly from you guys? Can the supplier get new cases from you guys quicker than we can?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely you will get an order from us far faster than a shop will get an order from a distributor. The loose dice are only available from us, the distributors only carry the packaged stuff.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be aware that there are times when the shipping department takes vacation. One of those times is coming up this month and it'll happen again during Gencon.

however, I still think we can be faster than a distributor just because we only carry our own volume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Order support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: