SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Premade Senarios

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Premade Senarios Reply with quote

So I have a lot ideas for premade senarios you could use for Quest. I was going to write a few books and have the premades follow along the same time. Do you think they should be hard paper copies or just pay to download a pdf or both? We are throwing some ideas around and would love to know what people would prefer? I know pathfinder is giving people pdfs that come with product they buy...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm biased but I like print on demand solutions.... No product to collect dust and no minimums.
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the printing could be subsidised, then definitely print. Otherwise, PDF is the most cost-effective solution.

I dunno... but what's the cheapest print run you guys can get over there? Do you have any contacts in other countries that can get the printing done more affordably?
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gamesjunkie

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always prefer a hard copy, but pdf would be okay too if a print run would be too costly for the company. You could always do a preorder system for printed books, based on how many you would have to have for a minimum print run. As with boardgaming, if you have to have a minimum of say, 500 books ordered to do a run, then if 500+ copies get preordered, you're good to go, and in the meantime you could sell the pdfs, hopefully turning enough of a profit to cover printing costs if you get close to or just under 500 for the preorder.
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckily paper is cheaper to print then dice. We are also working on a rewards program where you would be able to purchase things with "points." You would get them by playing more or buying product
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dragon Dice: Quest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: