SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daemon Dice™ Rules 0.6b
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a bunch of blank dice, but also have forums to post on. So I was considering playing with proxies to see how it works out. Then I could even provide more valuable feedback.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
For that matter, if you have dice, you can play using these rules now! We'd love the feedback from people playing games.

I will just note that all the breed abilities have changed. I was just waiting to post those until after the starter rules were done.
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the colors for the two breeds?

I will see I f I can get some game time and get some feedback on the rules.
This is quickly learned and fast paced so I guess the questions asked will not be difficult.

cool to see this game return.....

your necromancers! Twisted Evil

Oh wait colors are in the rules....I did not ask this just ignore please
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for someone's opinion, not what the rules say...

This situation only occurs in a multi-player game.

I'm near death (one die left) and my opponent has arrayed a stun and two mouths against me.

Do I have the option of saying that my last die is affected by the stun and thus their mouths don't get to recover a die?

or

Does the mouth recovery work first? and if so does it just matter that they weren't defended or do you have to count how many dice could be affected?

I think that either is valid depending on what the trigger for the mouth could/should be and I will reword it to say such.

What is the more intuitive situation?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the most general case:

If the defender gets to pick which die is stunned, I think it makes sense that the defender also gets to pick which attack to suffer first. Of course if the attacker had a Brain attached to a Mouth, that would make this moot.

On the other hand, the rules also are pretty clear that when it comes to a point where attacker/defender actions are at the same phase, the attacker's choices always apply first.

So the real question: who decides which attacks hit first? Normally it doesn't matter. It only matters in weird corner cases like this.

Now ignoring the general case, and looking at this specific case:

Rereading the description of the Mouth, I'd say it doesn't matter how many and which dice are stunned. As written, the Mouth says that you get to recover not based on how many dice are stunned, but on whether or not this attack is blocked. So if I had to rule from the current rules, I'd say the attacker gets to recover 2 stunned dice. I'm also not sure that anything needs to be changed on the Mouth description to get to that conclusion.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh! I hate airport internet! I wrote such a great reply and its gone and I can't get it back.

sigh, let me summarize.

I know what mouth says now. my questions was should it change. sounds like you think it shouldn't and I'm thinking I agree.

Another case I found is tentacles and minus (targeted or non). If all my 'non-dead' dice are busy grabbing, then I can ignore an infinite number of minuses and then just before I roll I can release one. I think I like this the way it is. anyone disagree?
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I saw 2 things in the rules just last night.

The rules say it's harder to get wounded dice back. It never states how exactly.

That might be because:
Potion is mentioned but not explained anywhere.

Looked up potion it isn't mentioned anywhere in the forum just yet. Wounds are on the demo mat but not mentioned in other context.
I think you are aware of this but I just feel I had to mention this.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wounds are impossible to get back with the starters (just body parts). When the expansion with items is released, Potions will be able to bring back wounds.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the potion is coming. We can't say that wounds CAN'T come back...

Maybe I can add something to the 'preview' paragraph at the end to reference wounded dice...
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

rules state that wounds are more difficult to recover just wanted to point that out. next to the wound icon. Might not be needed there in that case.

But I understand that all the rules will be on the sheet, just like Dragon Dice™. and that's cool but I think here the potion and thus getting back a wounded die is an advanced rule and needs to be in that section.

Maybe with the wound icon state what this icon does wound a die don't mention the return of that wounded die.

To clarify this is my opinion and my opinion only there is in no way an intention to force you in any way. Besides I have been known for haveing weird logic (not to confuse with fuzzy logic) from time to time.

cheers,
John

edited: 2 typos out (don't check punctuation it's worse)
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about a 4-player team variant, or a "4-player" which is really a 2-player game, but you have 2 daemons. I read the rules for multi-player, and started wondering.

For people who've played the original game, is there ever an issue with one player getting "left out"? e.g. Chuck and I keep attacking each other, but neither of us ever attack Cliff? On the one hand, I can see this being boring for Cliff in the beginning, but then again, it will also make Cliff very powerful once either myself or Chuck gets eliminated. It'll be a full health daemon versus a weakened daemon.

So I guess thinking through it, I've sort of answered my own concerns. But I'm still interested in hearing if people have ever seen how multiplayer games play out or if there ever is a time when one person is "left out" for a prolonged period of time.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old original multi-player rules said that you can't 'attack back'. Thus in a three player game it had to go in a circle. But in a four player game one could be left out.

As for it being boring, it depends on if you are playing to play or playing to win. I had this exact conversation with Lester Smith. I would want to be left out to make myself more powerful and ultimately win the game. He felt that players wouldn't choose to do this.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to consider. For Stuns and Wounds. You may want to say "*** sends a victim's body part from play out of play..." or something along those lines. Early on, I was wondering if I could choose a stunned die to be wounded. Since it's out of play, I can't. But I couldn't find anything explicitly saying that I couldn't.

You might want to add to the Minus section that you can't select grabbed dice. I don't think you need to add that you can't minus dice that are "out of play" but as far as grabbed dice go, it's only mentioned under Tentacle on the next page. So even thought this may be a bit repetitive, I think it's very applicable and should be in both sections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: