SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible changes to Shell and Stinger
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the objection is that you have to remember from the "array attacks" part of my turn until the "suffer stuns and wounds" part of your turn whether or not poison was injected? That seems a lot easier than having to remember how many on-going poison effects you are suffering. The idea is that you never have to remember anything past the end of the next player's turn. I think that's the best we can do without really dumbing down the game.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
So the objection is that you have to remember from the "array attacks" part of my turn until the "suffer stuns and wounds" part of your turn

Question: I assumed the choice to inject would come after defence, were you proposing that it comes when you array the attack?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
chuckpint wrote:
So the objection is that you have to remember from the "array attacks" part of my turn until the "suffer stuns and wounds" part of your turn

Question: I assumed the choice to inject would come after defence, were you proposing that it comes when you array the attack?
Sure, no reason to wait. You know when you array your attacks whether or not the daemon you are attacking is immune or no. So you should state on the attack if you are injecting. If the Stinger is blocked, deflected, or otherwise avoided, then you don't suffer the stun from injecting. Otherwise, you would suffer the stun of injecting at the same time the defender is suffering stuns and wounds. Yes, that part is a little weird, but no different than the Mouth bringing back a stunned die at that same time. I suppose we would have to take care of that corner case as well, what happens if you inject poison and a Mouth gets through on the same attack. Which goes first? I'd say follow the same order as the turn, i.e. recover and then suffer.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no issue with the timing of the decision.

It bugs me a little to have to remember if you did poison or not, but I can get over it for that short period of time it requires.

As for the timing issues. We will need to address. I'll take the weekend to consider how to reword it (and to see if there are any other timing issues as well)

Note: I realized that night, we might need to look at Whip to make it 'powered up' over tentacle. Currently they have the same exact effect. An easy option would be to allow it to be a stun or a grab.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on track again. We need the body part rules updated sooner. The item changes can come later (Still need to upgrade the whip...).

New proposals based on conversation (and I know I'm contradicting my earlier goals, it happens)

Note: these may need to be tweaked to match the wording style of all other symbols (damage, attack, etc)

Shell: A daemon's Shell is a Deflect with a built-in plus (boost)!

Buckler: The Buckler can be used as either a stun attack with a built-in plus (boost) or a deflect with a built-in plus (boost).

Shield: The Shield is a Deflect with two built-in pluses (boosts)!

Stinger: The Stinger is a stun attack. During Array Attacks, the attacker can choose if it will inject poison into its victim. If so and the attack is undefended then poison is injected; the Stinger is immediately stunned and the victim suffers a wound in addition to the stun.(If not immune to the poison).

Dart: The Dart is a wound attack. If it is not defended, the Dart injects poison into its victim and is immediately dropped (stunned). If the victim is not immune to the poison, they suffer an additional wound.

Note: Thinking about Shield vs an Eye. I considered making it three built-in boosts, but two stop an eye with two plusses it would have to be four boosts and thats too much, so since three isn't enough. two should work.
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are these going to be come official? The change in the stinger/dart is what currently interests me as the BBCode generate for DD Inventory currently keeps track of the number of poisons you've gotten. If this is removed from the game then I'll need to remove it from DD Inventory too.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

A change will be made and this is likely to be the change, but I want to let it age a little more before we pull the trigger.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some changes to the format of the document in order to be able to properly tri-fold it. That meant moving some stuff around. Most importantly the credits.

Put in changes suggested here, and also from here.

Please check it over. Let me know if there is anything "broken".
http://sfr-inc.com/DaemonDiceStarter_1.0f.pdf
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I'm reading this. I'll have a few comments before the end of the day. I just wanna review these threads to make sure some of the change I'm seeing are intended.

There are some needed changes...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I reviewed the intended changes, so here is what I think is broken.

1.0f
Turn Sequence - 3.Defend - Suffer Stuns & Wounds
Remove the reference to Poison here, it no longer applies.

There is the timing issue between Stingers and Mouths.To address this, I suggest a note after the Sequence of play before the 'you've learned that game' note. I'm leaving it generic so that as we introduce more timing issues with items and breeds, this should handle any situation. If it is a lingering effect from the previous turn then that resolves before the current players. If it is a forward effect to the next players turn, then they resolve after the current player. etc.

Quote:
Note: If two effects would happen at the same time (such as the effects of Mouth and Stinger), then apply them in turn order and sequence of play order (i.e. Recover, then Suffer Damage)

Multiplayer Battles - "rolling their dice and choosing a daemon as the target of all of minuses, attacks, tentacles, etc."

there is a word missing around the word 'all'

Under the Purebred Powers, the first letter of the flesh colors are capitalized, but its not a sentance.

Under Credits. Do we need to repeat Lester's name as Design?

Now the pink elephant...

Stinger - Is this an appropriate use of a semicolon? Since this is a list, would a colon and commas be better?

"If so, and the attack is not defended, then: poison is injected, the Stinger is immediately stunned and the defender suffers a wound damage from poison in addition to the stun damage"

Note, I added 'From poison'. this is important and was left out. It is the part that you can be immune to.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed reference to poison.

Added the note about timing.

Next time give me a better hint. Changed to: "rolling their dice and choosing a daemon as the target of all of their minuses, attacks, tentacles, etc."

Fixed the capitalization.

I don't see where Lester's name is repeated. He only has one credit.

I asked our local expert (he's an English major). He stated the semicolon is more correct. I added the "from poison".
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:

Next time give me a better hint.
Smile

Quote:

I don't see where Lester's name is repeated. He only has one credit.

I was asking if he needed to be listed twice. the way it is 'original' and then 'daemon' there is no designer for Daemon Dice™.

not a big thing, just something i noticed.

The rest of it looked good to me. now to make the other rules match the style and wording and phrasing.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update based on comments above.
http://sfr-inc.com/DaemonDiceStarter_1.0g.pdf
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The context of the text looks good, but the formatting is not consistent. To match the rest of the document...

In the new timing note: I didn't realize you would copy it word for word.

It should say:
If two effects occur at the same instant (example: a Mouth and Stinger), then apply them in player turn and "Sequence of Play" order (example: "Recover Stuns" then "Suffer Stuns & Wounds")

Words like Recover and Suffer Stuns & Wounds should be in bold and quoted. section headers are quoted.

in Stinger, the word poison should be in italics.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a hurry. Updated in place.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely understandable. I really don't have time to proof read this, but I can't afford NOT to anymore.

This looks good!

in a month or so we can do the other two rule sheets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: