SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:46 am GMT    Post subject: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

Hey guys, just clearing out some extras and trying to complete some sets!

Have

Dragonkin
2x TSR Blue Dragonkin Champion (1 with slight bubble)
1x Blue Dragonsentry

1x TSR Red Dragonkin Champion
1x Red Dragonsentry
1x Red Dragonhero
2x Red Dragonscout

2x Black Dragonfoal

Scalders
1x Inferno (reprint)
1x Dragonne Knight (Promo)
1x Charkin (Promo)
1x Web Birds (Promo)
1x Ettercap (Promo)
3x Ettercap (reprint)
1x Dragonne Knight (original)

Goblins
1x Troll

Coral Elves
2x Eagle Knight

Lava Elves
1x Necromancer

Dwarves
1x Mammoth Rider

Firewalkers
3x Genie
1x Gorgon

Minor Terrain
1x Swampland Woods

3x Highland Woods
1x Highland Bridge

Want

*Misc Magic Items - Let me know if you have extra to trade*

Dragonkin
1x SFR Black Dragonkin Champion*
1x Black Dragonmount

1x Blue Dragonmount

1x Red Dragonsteed
1x Red Dragonmount
3x Red Dragonfoal

Amazon
1x Harbinger
2x Nightmare

Goblins - ("good" yellow/black color only)
6x Ambusher
1x Wolf Rider
3x Slingman
1x Death Mage
1x Troll
1x Death Naga
2x Cannibal
2x Shambler

Dwarves
2x Marksman
1x Crack Shot
1x Behemoth
2x Androsphinx

Coral Elves (lesser wants)
1x Conjurer
2x Leviathan

Treefolk
3x Oak
2x Willow
1x Naiad
3x Pine
3x Dryad
1x Unicorn
1x Redwood
2x Darktree

Swamp Stalkers
2x Crocosaur
2x Annihilator

Major Terrain
1x Flatland Tower ("good" blue/yellow color only)
1x Flatland Castle

1x Highland Dragon's Lair

1x Swampland Dragon's Lair
1x Swampland Grove

1x Feyland Tower
1x Feyland Vortex

2x Each Wasteland Tower/City/Temple/Standing Stones
1x Wasteland Castle
1x Wasteland Dragon's Lair
1x Wasteland Vortex

Minor Terrain - (lesser wants)
2x Highland Knoll

2x Swampland Knoll
1x Swampland Bridge
1x Swampland Village

1x Flatland Knoll
2x Flatland Woods
2x Flatland Village

2x Coastland Knoll
2x Coastland Village
1x Coastland Bridge
1x Coastland Woods

1x Feyland Village
1x Feyland Woods
2x Feyland Bridge
2x Feyland Knoll

2x Wasteland Knoll
2x Wasteland Woods
2x Wasteland Bridge
2x Wasteland Village

Last edited by stormywaters on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:06 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:05 am GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:

(TSR/Old color only)
(TSR/Old color scheme only)

How do you tell the difference? or how do you define this?

Only Chuck has seen more TSR dice than I, but there was a lot of variance in those dice and there is a lot of variance in the newer dice. There is an area of overlap where they look the same.
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:31 am GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
How do you tell the difference? or how do you define this?

Only Chuck has seen more TSR dice than I, but there was a lot of variance in those dice and there is a lot of variance in the newer dice. There is an area of overlap where they look the same.

I only mean "the Goblins that are clearly black/yellow, not the mottled greenish color that they've become". Same with the flatlands.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:

I only mean "the Goblins that are clearly black/yellow, not the mottled greenish color that they've become". Same with the flatlands.

That helps define it better.

Close to half of the old TSR goblins are not Black/yellow, so it's not as simple a distinction as 'all newer dice'.

Same for the flatlands and coastlands. There are good and bad TSR dice, there are good and bad SFR dice. all due to the variation in the production process which we are told can't be controlled.
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
stormywaters wrote:

That helps define it better.

Close to half of the old TSR goblins are not Black/yellow, so it's not as simple a distinction as 'all newer dice'.

Same for the flatlands and coastlands. There are good and bad TSR dice, there are good and bad SFR dice. all due to the variation in the production process which we are told can't be controlled.

Gotcha. I was (incorrectly) told that the "good" color was old stock and "yucky" color was new stock, so that's what I thought. Changed my post accordingly.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:10 am GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:

Gotcha. I was (incorrectly) told that the "good" color was old stock and "yucky" color was new stock, so that's what I thought. Changed my post accordingly.

No problem, we all only know what we are told.

There IS a visible difference because the old dice had 'gold' plastic and the new dice have 'yellow' plastic, but the muddy goblins that look like green blur with black specks are all old TSR dice.

I can't prove it, but my personal believe is that the first printing that first year was the nice dice you want and the second printing is where it fell apart (and where the goblin misprints came from). Swamp lands have the same issue.

On coastland terrains, I've seen three different 'styles' and only one do I hate. the other two are nice in their own way. someday I'll have to post images.
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all makes sense. Long story short, I've got nearly a "complete" set of Goblins all in the "right" colors, so I'd like to be able to finish that up if possible.

I'm surprised I've gotten no response on an Inferno though. I thought that'd be a hot-ticket item!
OrionPax21

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: StormyWaters H/W List (Inferno for trade!) Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
I can't prove it, but my personal believe is that the first printing that first year was the nice dice you want and the second printing is where it fell apart (and where the goblin misprints came from). Swamp lands have the same issue.

Well, as someone who until very recently only had original TSR stuff, I can tell you for a fact that the "good" Goblins came in the original run of starters, and the crappy greenish ones came from the later run that had the Revised Rules.

As for which ones came in other products, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure all the Monsters & Amazons kickers I had gotten all have the original black & gold, but I got those when they were first released, so I don't know if it changed later in the run. And I never had a Battle Box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Trading All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: