SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Facebook Live Event!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:28 am GMT    Post subject: 1st Facebook Live Event! Reply with quote

In case you didn't see it on our Facebook page, we are going to experiment with a Facebook Live event. We will follow a real game by two of the players local to Georgia and give some commentary on strategy and explanation of how to play. We will also be revealing something that I've been hinting at for a month...

Join us there or watch the saved recording (if I don't accidentally delete it)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that don't know where our Facebook page is found, here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/DragonDice/
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
danilo
common

italy.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool!
be sure to post it on youtube as well after it's finished, nowadays kids watch youtube rather than TV.

Danilo
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is starting in about an hour. I'll try to get it onto youtube after it's done.
danilo
common

italy.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I've watched the video and it's very nice, here's what I liked the most:

it's a sealed event, this shows the full process and helps new players understand what's inside a box and what you can do with it (and how many products you need to play)

Everything was explained clearly, and all the steps of a match were covered

Players were enjoying the match, that's an important thing!

On the "downsides", technicalities:

Vertical video! Oh-NO! you've just wasted from 2/3 to 3/4 of my monitor!

hand-held: it's a pain for you recording it, and produces shaking videos, although that's a minor issue in your very video, as you were moving the camera to focus on different areas (of course this wouldn't be needed if you were holding it horizontally - ARGH)

Besides, a video is a great promotional material, you should post it on youtube, and possibly follow it with some other - even shorter - videos (in landscape mode, please:)).

These criticisms of mine are intended to be constructive, to help to make better contents in the future, and not to let you down!
I appreciated the effort very much, and I think it is a useful content to be shared.

Ciao,
Danilo
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!

All the research I'd done said the video would be square and the orientation wouldn't matter, but apparently that is for an iphone and not an ipad...

I had considered a small tripod or static suspension system, but for this video I wanted the ability to move around and ensure we could see the dice icons clearly. I'm exploring other options for the next time.

and in the end, we simply ran out of time to do anything more sophisticated. I knew that we would have jitter issues, but I decided to go ahead anyway.
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I just found out about the live/recorded game on Facebook, so my apologies for not being in the loop as much.

Now that I have seen it, I also would like to see more of them. It definitely seems helpful for players to see a game in action (more so than just reading the rules).

I also must say that camera orientation did detract from the view a little bit. However, as was stated a few times, this was only the first attempt at this.

My other issue is with the sound. A few times when Cliff was speaking I had trouble hearing what was being said. I assume it was because the microphone (or equivalent) was too far away.

Just some constructive criticism. Other than that, I did like the video.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus1679 wrote:
A few times when Cliff was speaking I had trouble hearing what was being said. I assume it was because the microphone (or equivalent) was too far away.

hmm that is interesting. I haven't watched it, because I hate seeing myself, but I was holding the ipad at all times so it was never more than an arms length away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: