SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules 3.0.3 Posted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update issued: 3.0.3a August 12 2017.

This has the corrections listed above, plus a number of other typos. "Armies" became "army's" in a number of places.

"Resolution of Die Rolls" became "Die Roll Resolution" and moved to just after "Combination Rolls", so all die rolling steps are on the same page. Yes, slightly out of alphabetic order, that was deliberate.

Swamp Stalker mutation was corrected so that only Swamp Stalker units can be recruited or promoted from the DUA (oops).

Table of Contents updated so correct page numbers are shown. PDF index corrected for some extraneous entries.

http://sfr-inc.com/Rules-3.0.3a-20170812.pdf
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
dburkley
rare
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 am GMT    Post subject: 3.0 Rules Reply with quote

I see no icon descriptions for Dragonkin or Magic Items, which used to be in 2.9 rules. Is this an intended omission?

Since the icon descriptions are included for each race at the back end of the rules, perhaps another page can be added that describes the Dragonkin & Magic Item icons. The other option is to insert them in their respective sections, as was done in 2.9.
Battlefest Champion (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2009, 2011, co-champion GENCON 2010, DEXCON 2011)
"No Magicians" (GENCON 2008)
"Single Race" (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2010, 2011, co-champion 2014)
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: 3.0 Rules Reply with quote

dburkley wrote:
I see no icon descriptions for Dragonkin or Magic Items, which used to be in 2.9 rules. Is this an intended omission?

Since the icon descriptions are included for each race at the back end of the rules, perhaps another page can be added that describes the Dragonkin & Magic Item icons. The other option is to insert them in their respective sections, as was done in 2.9.
Dragonkin are on page 15. Is something missing from there?

The magic item SAI's are in the SAI section, but there normal icons are missing from page 19.

and adding a page to the 'races' section for them may not be uncalled for.
dburkley
rare
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 am GMT    Post subject: 3.0.3 Rules Reply with quote

What you indicated is true, but there are no descriptions (summary) of each type of die for the Dragonkin or Magic Items, like there are with the units of each race. The minor terrains are all described, but there are no unit summaries for the Dragonkin & Magic Items (like what all the different types are called and what their ID icons look like, which is why I thought adding a page to the end might be appropriate - and I think you picked up on that).
Battlefest Champion (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2009, 2011, co-champion GENCON 2010, DEXCON 2011)
"No Magicians" (GENCON 2008)
"Single Race" (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2010, 2011, co-champion 2014)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icon pages added with Items and Dragonkin. Minor Terrain icons moved to end of Die Reference Section.

http://sfr-inc.com/Rules-3.0.3b-20170814.pdf
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some comments/questions. I've been looking at Version 3.0.4 (Aug 12, 2017).

Biggest question is how to bring in Minor Terrain:
Page 7 Maneuver talks about if you're successful, you can bring in a minor terrain.
Page 33 Terrains - Minor says a player can bring a minor terrain instead of making a roll to maneuver the terrain.

Typo:
Page 8 - Dead Unit Area Advantage
"Death (black) Magic may be doubled by matching the terrain or though through..."

I haven't been through the SAIs or Spells yet. I'll probably go through the spells next to catch up with the changes.
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked through the most current version of the rules and found a couple things I would like to bring to your attention.

One is page 30. It ends up as just a blank page (other than page number and such at the bottom).

The Undead racial ability (on page 22) reads as "Dead Unit Unit Advantage". I can only assume it's supposed to be "Dead Unit Area Advantage". This has been a typo(?) for a few versions of the rules.

And just for curiosity sake, why was Call Element removed? Game balance issues?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: