SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Returning Player with several questions..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDXTarget

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 am GMT    Post subject: Returning Player with several questions.. Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I owned Dragon Diceâ„¢ way back in the day, always loved it..

I was recently at GameStorm here in Portland, and a gentleman named Dave I think it was, was demoing this game. He apparently is an Envoy, or was when there was some sort of formalized program.. Regardless I got hooked back onto this game and now that I'm a mid 40's man I have assets so I can buy lots of dice that the very early 20's person could not.

So upon returning home, I purchased a couple bulk sets off of ebay to get my dice going, now 600+ dice later (oh yeah and an original tsr booster case /display of firewalkers), I can see many holes.

So here is where my questions start:

1) are the dragons still randomly in the booster box sets? IE if I order a coral elf set from the website will there be dragons in it? If not what are my options?

2) Is the best way to make up deficiencies to buy booster boxes on here? For example some races I may have no 2 HP dice sigh, or no Cav? or I may have a robust selection but 3 of the same monster and none of the rest or no monsters at all..(must be good, I assume I bought stuff that had been picked over)

3) Dragonkin: I am very deficient, It was shown to me as a sideboard type mechanic that I could summon them in and in effect they where typically a 2 hp ablative hit..

4) Missing races completely, I have 0 of Eldarim (looks to be several colors), Scalder, treefolk, frostwing, Those are the ones on SFR site I know I dont have I would need to spend some time in the Dice App I downloaded from here to see if there was more.. Am I missing out? Should I go for these races?

5) Amazons? I have like 20 Dice, cant see where to buy them, I have 0 monsters.

6) I am very deficient in gear as well.. Again should I go for this?

7) how active is the community? I don't mind giving my friends entire sets and having them build armies, but are there others (here in the northwest?), is SFR still making new stuff? Or just maintaining inventory?

Would there be any point in sharing an export of the Dice database program that is from here? Maybe some pointed advice on what to go for? I was thinking I was close on a couple races, that If I ordered custom starters might fill them out enough to work..

Thanks guys I know it's a read but I could go on.. I'm hoping this is the start of something great.

Mike
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There are no dragons in the booster sets. The only way on the primary market to get elemental (single color) dragons is via starters. We do have two-color (Hybrid) dragons available for sale. The sets have all 6 dragons that share that color, including the elemental dragon. Same with the "starter" terrains (Coastland, Highland, Swampland, and Flatland). We also have "new" terrains available in Battlefields. That adds the other two terrains (Feyland and Wastelands), special terrains, and minor terrains.
  2. We'd love for you to buy more kickers.... However, we do have a section of the forum for trades. That may or may not work for you. If you have a lot of "picked over" dice, you may find that you have nothing extra that anyone wants.
  3. We have Dragonkin for sale. Look under Dragon Diceâ„¢ Expansions for "Eldarim Expansion: Dragonkin".
  4. We also have Eldarim for sale. The race is under kickers. Eldarim have no monsters, instead they have 4-health champions. Those are available under expansions.
  5. We are currently out of Amazons.... Sorry.
  6. I'm assuming you mean Items? Those are available in the Battle Chest expansion.
  7. This forum is not as active as the Dragon Diceâ„¢ Community Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/418460488199950/

Feel free to ask any questions you'd like here for "official" answers. Note that SFR does read the Facebook group, but in general does not post there since it's a community group. Our official Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DragonDice
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).

Last edited by chuckpint on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add on to what Chuck said.

I know Dave and will thank him for getting you back involved!

We are making new things, but we are also maintaining current inventory. We have to balance that. Lately we've been maintaining a little more than new.

As for 'holes' in what you bought, depending on who you bought it from and when they bought it there was a time that the first four races didn't have monsters at all. So that might explain that. or it could be picked over. Hard to say with 2nd hand auctions like that.

Cliff
PDXTarget

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'll join the Facebook group..

But let me ask, am I handicapping myself by not pursuing the Eldarim? The Items? What about the Dragonkin? The other races I'm missing that was more what I was trying to understand.

I think I am solid on the basic terrains, I haven't read into the rules enough to understand the minor terrains yet. (I'm waiting to setup my new color laser printer, which requires me to clean up my office to fit the monster, to print out a rule book.. I retain more from printed paper then PDF.. ) In any event I know me I'll likely end up buying the terrain boosters from you guys as well..

Anyhow thanks again,
Mike
DScottOBrien
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDXTarget wrote:
Thanks for the info, I'll join the Facebook group..

But let me ask, am I handicapping myself by not pursuing the Eldarim? The Items? What about the Dragonkin? The other races I'm missing that was more what I was trying to understand.

I think I am solid on the basic terrains, I haven't read into the rules enough to understand the minor terrains yet. (I'm waiting to setup my new color laser printer, which requires me to clean up my office to fit the monster, to print out a rule book.. I retain more from printed paper then PDF.. ) In any event I know me I'll likely end up buying the terrain boosters from you guys as well..

Anyhow thanks again,
Mike

Mike,

Though not an envoy of SFR, I can try and help you with your Item/Eldarim question. As to whether you are handicapping yourself by not using these, it all depends on your style of play. the benefits to both Items and Eldarim are that they will guarantee a desired result, so if your focus is on consistency, then they are a definite plus.

on the other hand there are some drawbacks to each. Items must be "carried" by a unit with a color that matches the item. If damage is taken, and there are no other units that can carry that item, it it lost, thereby basically increasing the damage done to an army. Items also have no ID Icon, so if you have a magic item heavy army, and you end up on a missile oriented terrain, those health units sent on items become inert.

As for Eldarim, since they specialize in a particular action, they are a double-edged sword as well. if you need saves, and have a melee trained Eldarim, you only have a 1 in 6 (ID Icon) chance of getting a useful result. They are also single color, so their spell selection during magic actions is stunted.

Your best bet would be to start out, if possible with some of each, and see how they fit with your pay-style.

Finally, welcome back, and hope to see you here and on the Facebook pace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Dragon Dice™ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: