SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web-Based Reference Guide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Web-Based Reference Guide Reply with quote

I've been working with my wife/dueling partner since Gen Con this year on a glanceable, web-based reference guide for the game, and we'd love to share it with you! We've so far added most races' IDs/faces, SAIs, and spells, with more units and features planned for future releases.

https://timgthomas.github.io/dragon-dice/

We've tested it on our iPhones and desktop browsers (it's designed for phones, though a full desktop experience is forthcoming), but we'd love to hear about any issues you encounter.

We genuinely hope you'll find this useful, and stay tuned for future updates! Happy rolling!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the desktop version of this.

Or any kind of more responsive design.

I like it on the profile of a phone. It is a bit lacking for a tablet or desktop.
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the app looks. However, I am curious if it's just for iPhones. I have a Samsung Galaxy, but would love to have an app like this.
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
It is a bit lacking for a tablet or desktop.

We started off with a mobile design, but a tablet/desktop version is in the works! We'll try to keep this thread updated with new designs as we work through them and before we build the screens.

marcus1679 wrote:
I have a Samsung Galaxy, but would love to have an app like this.

We tested the site on iPhones simply because that's all we have, but it should work on other modern phones, as well. If you run into any issues, let me know and we'll work to fix 'em! Smile
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works well on a desktop... I am amazed beyond words... VERY well done -- great programming!

I mean seriously -- where does one go to learn how to code like that?
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

theanimaster wrote:
This works well on a desktop... I am amazed beyond words... VERY well done -- great programming!

Thank you so much!! Wait until you see what we have planned for the "full desktop" experience!

theanimaster wrote:
I mean seriously -- where does one go to learn how to code like that?

Many years of practice and more than a few late nights spent trying to fix that "one last thing", mostly! Wink

Renaissance festival season is upon my wife and me, but we plan to have another update released in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a pipe leak under our floors, "the coming weeks" turned into "a few months", but we're moved back into our house, so it's time for another release!

Cliff was kind enough to provide me with a truckload of images, so the app now includes face icons for each unit!

Work on the desktop version is still going strong, and we hope to have that part released by PAX South in January. Lemme know if you're going! Smile
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm going!
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks awesome!
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the Eldarim, Dragonkin, and a few other things aren't in here yet. Are there plans to add those things later?

Oh, and by "a few other things" I mean the terrains (major and minor) and magic items and artefacts.

I am just asking out of curiosity.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to speak for him, but I think the answer is yes.

this is a busy time of year for him.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, this is lovely! It looks great and has a very sensible and intuitive design. Awesome!

F
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus1679 wrote:
I noticed that the Eldarim, Dragonkin, and a few other things aren't in here yet. Are there plans to add those things later?.

Definitely! As Cliff said, I'm pretty swamped right now (globetrotting for work, so I'm not gonna complain too much!), and I'm wrapping up an army builder for the app soon, as well! After that ships, I plan to address adding the last of the races, terrains, and artifacts. I'll make posts here for any new updates.

Thanks for your interest! Smile
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply amazing! It has become my go-to tool for Dragon Dice™ reference and I can't wait for the rest of the info to be added.

I don't know your expertise, but if it is at all possible to get this as a downloadable app for my phone, it would be stellar.

I noticed a couple little mistakes (just spelling and spacing, possibly from copy/paste errors), but I don't want to burden you with any extra work until you're all caught up.

Thanks so much!
KelzyrTheFirst
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
I don't know your expertise, but if it is at all possible to get this as a downloadable app for my phone, it would be stellar.

I'd definitely love to get an App Store/Play Store version available, but there are some legal hoops to jump through first; once those are resolved, I should have a version up pretty quickly. Until then, you can use the "add to home screen" feature on iOS and Android, and it should work much like a regular app. Smile

stormywaters wrote:
I noticed a couple little mistakes (just spelling and spacing, possibly from copy/paste errors), but I don't want to burden you with any extra work until you're all caught up.

Thanks! I grabbed much of the data from various sources online with some home-grown scripts, so I'm not at all surprised there are some errors. If you'd like to email your corrections to me (my address should be in my profile), I'll add them to my list!
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

KelzyrTheFirst wrote:
I'd definitely love to get an App Store/Play Store version available, but there are some legal hoops to jump through first; once those are resolved, I should have a version up pretty quickly. Until then, you can use the "add to home screen" feature on iOS and Android, and it should work much like a regular app. Smile

That's what I did so far, but an offline version would be great! No rush, of course. This is a beautiful tool so far!

Quote:
Thanks! I grabbed much of the data from various sources online with some home-grown scripts, so I'm not at all surprised there are some errors. If you'd like to email your corrections to me (my address should be in my profile), I'll add them to my list!

I'll wait until you're done with the rest of the additions, then I can do one big proofread for you. I don't want to add anything more to your plate until you're all done!

Thanks again for this awesome tool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: