SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragonkin Handlers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - 4.0 and Later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Dragonkin Handlers Reply with quote

This is usable with a Deadlands, correct?

Last edited by Skawilly on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about Dragonkin Handlers - one of the Eldarim racial abilities, then yes, if you add a Deadlands to an army at a terrain, you can recruit or promote a black Dragonkin unit.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck.

Yes I did mean DragonKIN Handlers.

Couple of questions about the wording in there.

As stated:
"Immediately before taking your first march, after dragon attacks have been
resolved, select an army that contains at least one Eldarim unit at a terrain.
Recruit or promote one Dragonkin unit (matching a color of that terrain) to
the army. This ability may only be used if the total health-worth of Dragonkin
after the exchange is not greater than the total health-worth of Eldarim in that
army."

So, it states that the dragonkin unit must match the color of terrain. Does this mean, that if I have a Green Eldarim at a flatlands, I can target a blue or yellow?

When I target the dragonkin unit, is the target from the summon area or from the terrain? So, at the Flatlands, when I go to promote, can I promote a black to a yellow? The logic that I am following is that I am targeting from the summon pool, not the terrain. And I believe dragonkin can be promoted to different colors.

Finally it says a 'Unit', and NOT health worth. So if I have 4 points of Eldarim at a Flatlands, can I summon a Yellow Dragonkin Champion in one round to that terrain? (Assuming no other dragonkin are present at the terrain)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The target unit starts in the Summoning Pool. So yes, if you are at a Flatland, the unit in the Summoning Pool must be yellow or blue. It does not matter (if you are promoting) what color the Dragonkin unit in the army has, as stated, all Dragonkin are promoted ignoring color.

The target is a unit. However, if you read the section of the rules about recruiting it's only one-health units. Read the section on promoting, and you will see that it says it's always one-health worth, unless the effect specifically says differently. For example of an effect that says differently, look at Wild Growth.

Therefore, Dragonkin Handler only allows you recruit or promote one-health worth of a single unit.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - 4.0 and Later All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: