SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Treefolk vs Swampstalkers Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Themed Game Summaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karoath
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Treefolk vs Swampstalkers Campaign Reply with quote

Recently a friend and I tested a set of campaign rules I developed. This was our first attempt and we discovered a number of issues that needed fixed. We tried again and found yet more. So we are now involved in our third campaign. We'll see how well the rules work this time! Anyway, I documented the first campaign on my website and thought some people may enjoy reading the description. You can visit the page <a href="http://karoath.com/pages/trialhole/ddcamp1.html">here</a>. Just in case the link doesn't work in the forum, here is a text copy... http://karoath.com/pages/trialhole/ddcamp1.html
I played treefolk in the campaign and my friend tried swamp stalkers. the campaign was great fun and the journal is written from the standpoint of the treefolk. Let me know if you enjoy the information![/i][/url]
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you have your campaign rules posted? I'd be interested in seeing them.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
karoath
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't posted quite yet. I want to work out all of the details prior to releasing any of the rules. The premise is this... a map is generated in a random manner with the size depending upon the number of players. Some terrains have benefits/penalties determined during this stage. Each loction is worth a number of points that are awarded to the controlling player at the end of the campaign. Each location also has a different number of points permitted for battles at the location. When a player wins a battle at a location, he/she is awarded points. At the end fo the campaign, players add up their points for games won and for locations controlled. Whomever possesses the most points is the campaign winner. During a campaign turn, events can affect battles and the actions permitted each campaign turn. Players then have a list of possible actions to take and then write them down (secretly). Once all players have recorded their actions, they are revealed and marked on the map. Any resulting battles are then resolved before continuing to the next turn. All in all, it has worked out great for the first two campaigns. So far, the third is turning out well, too. The system allows for plenty of strategy and also enough randomness to give it the Dragon Diceâ„¢ atmosphere. I'll post here again when the third campaign has ended. If anyone has ideas that have worked very well in their campaigns, feel free to post here. I am curious what has worked for other people, too.
wuxia
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job! I really like the way you have given backgound information on the different regions to give your campaign substance and character.

I'm in a campaign with historical ancent armies. We start with a region of provinces. According to how many provinces we have, determines the # of armies we control (around 3:1). Turns are written in secret as to placement for defensive armies as well as launching attacks. Upon reading the plans of everyone, you can withdraw an attack to beef up defenses or continue with an invasion. Different areas have different terrain regions that can benefit particular armies and hinder others. Something similar could be done with DD.

The way you have areas set with point values and battle sizes enable the players to strategically plan actions and vary army composition to suite desired tactics. I love your idea and can't wait to read the rules you have developed.
I would certainly enjoy a campaign based upon what you have come up with. Of course, liking all things Dragon Diceâ„¢ makes it even better Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Themed Game Summaries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: