SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chuck: STOCK?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiceGamer
dragonfoal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Chuck: STOCK? Reply with quote

I'm kind of surprised no one answered this question orginally.....how does one go about investing in SFR?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I answered on another thread, no one knows right now. I'm hoping to answer that by the end of this month.
DiceGamer
dragonfoal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
As I answered on another thread, no one knows right now. I'm hoping to answer that by the end of this month.

I noticed on the main page of the website it asks for all stockholders to be prepared for a meeting. How can there be stockholders if there's no way to buy stock?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few stockholders right now. However, because the Board of Directors is basically gone right now, there is no one in charge that can make decisions. One decision that would have to be made is whether or not to issue new stock. Does that make it clearer?
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiceGamer wrote:
chuckpint wrote:

I noticed on the main page of the website it asks for all stockholders to be prepared for a meeting. How can there be stockholders if there's no way to buy stock?

This is all hearsay:
There are existing stockholders. However, those stockholders are apparently going to decide on a lot of issues. One of those might be the handling of sale of new stock shares.

I'm assuming that if you got hold of a current stockholder and negotiated a price, you could buy that way.
DiceGamer
dragonfoal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
There are quite a few stockholders right now. However, because the Board of Directors is basically gone right now, there is no one in charge that can make decisions. One decision that would have to be made is whether or not to issue new stock. Does that make it clearer?

Makes sense. Thanks! How many shares and how many stockholders are there currently?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that is not public knowledge. SFR is a privately held stock company and some things cannot be disclosed publicly.
DiceGamer
dragonfoal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Sorry, that is not public knowledge. SFR is a privately held stock company and some things cannot be disclosed publicly.

Understood, but before I'd be interested in purchasing, I'd want to know what percentage share my potential holdings would represent.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand the fascination for owning a piece of the company, unless you have a significant stack of cash to invest (in what I have to acknowledge as a stockholder is a very risky proposition), which is the kind of capital flow SFR would need, you'd better serve SFR by buying dice. This has several advantages:

1) It provides immediate cash flow for the company.

2) You will have something tangible for your money, and something that will continue to have value, even if that value is limited to your own emjoyment in playing and collecting.

3) The legal issues with stock sales, transfers, and new issues are going to take some time for the board (which is yet to be elected) to work out, so you'll be waiting for quite a while before you can make this investment.

4) You have to consider that you should only buy stock with money you can afford to lose. I am such a minority stockholder that I don't lose sleep over my pretty SFR stock certificate becoming nothing but a wall ornament, but others face the prospect of possible losses that represent a good piece of change.

5) Buying existing stock doesn't help SFR at all. (It does help the selling stockholders, and that may be a consideration for you, and certainly is for them.) Money spent on existing stock does not provide capital for the company; it only shifts who's got a piece of what has already been spent, and takes money that could represent new capital out of the pipeline.

It is possible that, like any company, SFR may decide to issue new stock at some point in the future. This will probably not be any time soon, but rest assured that if it happens, those who are the game's loyal followers will be among the first to know.

(Chuck-Feel free to correct anything here where I speak in error or ignorance.)
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your points are valid and good, except one. It will not be quite a while. I hope to have this issue worked out with the board by the middle of April.
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just throw this out there.

I know many people like the idea of owning stock in a company, and personally, I don't invest in any Securities & Equities except for stock. But to a small company like SFR, if it is possible, a lot of times it is more helpful for them to issue bonds. The bonds provide instant $$, which usually pay a premium to normal bonds and t-bills since the company isn't an S&P AAA-rated large cap, and the company isn't going to constantly pay dividends to the bondholders if it is successful. A short-to-medium term bond is akin to jointly investing in one (or a few) production line(s) with a company.

That said, I'd rather buy stock. Smile
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

I completely understand the need to keep business info, especially operating costs, private. But out of curiosity, what are the production costs of a race's dice run? (such as molds (moulds?), manufacturing, sorting, sealing, and package printing.) I'm just curious as to a ballpark figure...is it 10's of thousands, 100,000, something even higher?
I'm wondering how much $$ SFR is going to be looking to scrounge together to produce more starters.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer that right now. I'm heading to OKC this weekend to try and figure out, well, everything about where SFR is at. However, I need to post this to the stockholders first. Then some decisions need to be made. A BoD needs to be elected. Then if I can, I'll answer questions like this. Please don't ask any more questions like this for now, unless you like your questions ignored. Crying or Very sad Sorry, but I hope you (all of you) understand. If the BoD decides to issue new stock, much of the information you're asking for will of course be available.
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
I can't answer that right now. I'm heading to OKC this weekend to try and figure out, well, everything about where SFR is at.

Please don't ask any more questions like this for now, unless you like your questions ignored. Crying or Very sad Sorry, but I hope you (all of you) understand. If the BoD decides to issue new stock, much of the information you're asking for will of course be available.

No problem. I figure I'd rather ask than wonder what the answer might have been had I asked. Have fun in OKC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> SFR Operations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: