SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come on, do it one time. You know you want to.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relic10
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Tim from NE Pennsylvania. I have been collecting Dragon Diceâ„¢ for about 8 months, and have yet to play a game of it (the only other game player in my life is my wife, and she would hate this game); I am a collect-a-holic and this game lured me right in. My favorite race is Swampstalkers (not from playing experience, of course, but because I feel that they are the most beautiful dice in the game). My goal is to collect an "army" of 44-45 dice per race (5 of each common, 2 of each uncommon, 1 of each rare, and 1 of each monster) with the exception of Scalders and Frostwings (which I want no part of; I'm too much of a completionist to deal with the $$$ involved with some of those ultra-rares). I am ONE SINGLE DIE away from my goal. I also have all I need of major and minor terrains and dragons, so I hope to actually play the game with my son when he gets a little older.
frdm02
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am David From Hortonville WI (about 40 miles from Green Bay). I have been collecting since forever it seems. I first found the game at Toys are us maybe 11 years ago I think and have been hooked ever since.

I build my collections to 20 comn 10 unc 6 rare 4 monster (except where price gets in the way I only have 3 SFR INFERNO, AND NO SFR UNSEELIE, 3 ORMYRR, 2 TSR INFERNO AND 2 TSR UNSEELIE, 2 TSR FROST OGRE, AND 2 TSR MAGI.... I AM YET TO TACKLE THE SFR FROSTIES BUT IT IS STARTING SOON) My race collection is pretty much complete. Just a few holes I kinda fear filling because I know when I am complete I will raise the count on the collection to 40, 20 , 12 or something. I have some work to do on Magestorm (I buy a few of these, then get frustrated and stop again, then buy a few more couple months later) but am slowly getting thru it.

My favorite race is whatever I am playing/ shopping at the moment.

I rarely get to play anymore, friends that played found girls (not receptive to gaming girls) and are out of the game. Have done a few demo's at the LGS but only ever people wanting to sell me their dice, never any real game interest.

My largest bane in playing the game is bad luck. If there was a die out there with 5 of the same icon on 6 sides I would still not get that icon when it mattered.

I have a number of extra don't ever be afraid to PM me if you are looking for a trade. Tell me what ya want and what ya got and we can talk from there
Transmuter

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Dustin from Southern California. I don't remember exactly when I started playing Dragon Diceâ„¢, but it was definitely pre-Firewalkers. My brother and I had relatively small collections and we played for a while, but I haven't played in years. I came across this forum from the SFR site, which I found either from Google, or from Chuck Pint's dice pages - I wasn't really paying attention. Confused Anyway, I pulled out my box of dice; I'm going to learn the new rules and see if I can find someone to teach/play with.
Derwood Bowen
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Columbus, Ohio (suburb if you want to nitpick). I saw Dragon Diceâ„¢ when they originally came out and mostly ignored them. Did the demo game at Origins couple of years ago and was hooked. Found a LOT of Ferals and Firewalkers at stores dumping stock. But my favorites are the Frostwings. Bought some of the reissues but like the look of the originals much better. Can't afford the huge prices to complete my collection, though. I have enough to play with and am currently running a coral elf - frostwing army that I am happy with.
Found one local and have played exactly once with him. Would love to find more locals. I also need a few more dice to get me to where I am comfortable (only have 1 red dragon for instance). Also have no Scalders, Undead, Swampstalkers or Tree Ents. Obviously, you don't need those to play, but wouldn't mind having some. I want to round out what I have first. Have a small handful of Amazons. Have playable amounts of the four first races. Want to try a Lava Elf Dwarf army if I can get a second red dragon. Curious about how on-line play works. Does a third party roll your dice and report the results, or is it honor system? Anyway, a first post. Take care.

Derwood Bowen
ii confused
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:40 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard in San Jose, CA. I have a kind of fell into Dragon Diceâ„¢ in a unique fashion: I love dice. I bought some Dragon Diceâ„¢ on eBay on the cheap to flesh out my collection, then became interested in the game. I bought more. I looked up websites. Read up on the rules. Bought the DCM. Looked up some local players to play with a few times. Eventually I brought up the idea of attending GenCon to my friends, mostly so that I could play competitive DD. Eventually, I hosted the 2004 tournaments when SFR was absent from GenCon, simply so that I could play DD.(I still have the ribbon I "awarded myself" that).

My favorite race? I don't really have one. I play them all. My current army is a green hodgepodge. Made it to 5th place in 2003 and did well enough at my unofficial tournament in 2004 (I still remember cantripping in a gold DKC in 2003. Fun times.)

I would like to play more often, since nowadays I only get to play at GenCon. Who else is Bay Area? Send me a PM.

My Trade Page
My little business http://www.4thblade.com
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:38 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derwood Bowen wrote
Quote:
Curious about how on-line play works. Does a third party roll your dice and report the results, or is it honor system?

It is on the honor system. If you wanted, I'm sure a third party would be willing to roll the dice. However, the game will probably take longer that way.

I doubt that anyone would cheat anyway, so feel free to play a game thru the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: