SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meetup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KilljoyKing
common

mexico.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Meetup? Reply with quote

I recently found a web site to help find local DnD players over the internet -- to play in real life, not that sucky online mockery of RPGs -- and I was wondering if anyone ever used a site like Meetup.com to find other DD or CP players?

The reason I was wondering is 'cause Dragon Diceâ„¢ doesn't fit nicely into any sort of category. It is collectible, but not a card game (although some on eBay will list it as such). It has similar features to a board game except the oh-so-vital board component (technically leaving you with just a "game"). I already suggested to staff there that a Collectible Dice Game category be made for all facets of CDGing, but I was turned down, as expected.

Maybe there are a lot more DD players out there (or at least former ones that still have their dice), but they don't know how to find each other.
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Meetup? Reply with quote

RexRanarum wrote:
I recently found a web site to help find local DnD players over the internet -- to play in real life, not that sucky online mockery of RPGs -- and I was wondering if anyone ever used a site like Meetup.com to find other DD or CP players?

I used Meetup for the first year of my local DD group. We switched over to Yahoo groups because..

1. They have everything that Meetup offers.
2. It doesn't cost anything.

Meetup was about to raise my monthly rate from $9 to $18, so I cancelled the account. My Yahoo group has just as many players, and we still meet every Saturday.

There are other Yahoo DD groups, but I don't know how many of them are still active. I do know that ol' Max O'Maggot haunts one of them, and is just as confrontational there as he was on the old DD Listserve.

As for sucky online play, the CWC never had a bad session. In fact, if we could ever arrange it, I'd love to get it going again.

Cheers!

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Stumptown Bonerollers Guild Meetup group Reply with quote

I run a meetup group in which Dragon Diceâ„¢ plays a pretty prominent role.
We are in Portland Oregon and have about 13 members so far playing primarily Dragon Diceâ„¢ and Heroscape.Check it out at meetup.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: