SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As the Tower Turns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck's Brand New Laptop was awaiting in the Limo! Cool
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You have mail!"

Chuck winced when he heard the dark grumbling voice of Pelter_Boy.
Who in Esfah's Gods names had programmed THIS voice for mail reports onto his brand new computer?
With shaking hands the President of SFR.Inc lifted the laptop's lid, prepared to see the animated picture of a 7'2'' Undead Goblin on the screen, waving an envelope with a sarcastic smile on his face but to his relieve he recognized that - whoever had gotten a hand on his laptop - they only had exchanged the voice but the special custom made 3D animation of a barely clothed belly-dancing Vampire had remained untouched.
Chuck sighed in relief and clicked the open mail button.

Hi Chuck,
as you might know I'm working on a new song, entitled
"Rok around the Coast" and I'd like to open the song with a special sound effect.
I thought you might help me with this?
I urgently need the clicking sound of rolling dice in 8.9 surround sound, followed by a players moan about the mishappened roll!
You know anybody suitable who could be sent to my Leopard Rider Studio to provide his skills for this recording? He/she should have extraordinary acting skills, of course!
Unnecessary to mention that - as usual - all the credit listed on the cd cover will be mine!

Let me know when you come up with a name! But don't send Rex again, he has the annoying habit of looking up every word I say in the online Wikipedia! He almost busted my last recording because he kept discussing about naming my Dragon Dice™ Compilation cd "Desert Chronicles" or "Wasteland Chronicles"!

BTW, regarding the payment, could we agree on 50 sets of the new Millennium Hybrid Dragonkin Champions instead of the usual kicker packs this time??
My Headless Ambusher/Cutthroat guitar body broke and I need a bunch of extraordinary dice to glue them together as a new body for my GOBLINCASTER™ guitar. (Guess I'll have to rename it afterwards!?)

Thanx Chuck, and keep rolling them dices,
Deeghter

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
Pelter_Boy
uncommon

fiji.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is the graph of...
First person banished North
First person banished south of S&JW
First person with posts banished from the forum
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

A large white funnel cloud passes surprising close to the SFR tower,
setting off alarms and emergency sprinklers,
again.....
looks like the work of the UnEarthly,
perhaps the twister-folk Evil or Very Mad
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Tornado's winds raced towards Chuck's limo.
The Sun roof flung away from the limo,
and the swirling winds seized Chuck's new laptop,
spiraling it into the sky.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisely, Chuck had installed a GPS card in his laptop, and the Limo driver headed to the coordinates.
The limo arrived at a rock formation,
and high atop at its peak, the laptop glistened.
Chuck felt rather adventuous,
and decided to retrieve the laptop,
while unaware that he would soon have a visitor on his journey.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penthouse:

Urgent Message>>>

Stop.....

Ready the heliport

Stop.....

Shipment Arriving

Stop....

Signature Required

X....................................................................

What could this be?
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they were unloading the shipment,
a single die rolled out of the crate unnoticed...
It was a dice shipment alright,
a Wasteland!!!
But how can this be?
Did they....?
Were these demos?
Is this just a dream sequence?

Cut to the Limo-----------------
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The torch is passed on to ddicer,
who's wizardry with flavor text and story embellishment is the only one who get get this tower turning in the correct fashion. Mr. Green

As the Greatly missed pages and chapters fly into the wind.........
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As fate would have it....
the torch fell to the ground,
plumeting from the top of the tower.....

down.......................

down.......................................................................

down.................................................................................................

A window from the side of the tower opened.....
and a hand reached out and grasped the torch.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing that bringing the torch inside the tower would set off the emergency sprinklers,
the torch had to be left outside.

Creating a makeshift holder,
the torch was mounted outside,
ornamenting the tower.

Just then Security arrived.

"I was just going to..."
"There was nothing that could be..."
"If I didn't try to...."

Security wasn't buying it. Rolling Eyes
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then with a keen eye...
I spotted the name tag from the security guard...
"Excuse me Joe......
I was mistaken....
the memo read fix the light outside the building....
I guess I thought it read...light the building...
I'll go and replace that bad bulb that was reported..."

It seemed to work...
Joe left the room.....

seemed odd though.. I thought he was some sort of Representative Dragon or something...
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could this could be a foreshadowing on the UnEarthy?

"First of all, it's UnEarthly," Steve explained patiently. "Second, no one, and I mean no one-not even Chuck-has the vaguest idea of what the UnEarthly were supposed to be. So the idea's been filed away for future reference, but I don't think you'll be seeing them any time soon."

The questioner looked severely disappointed. "You shouldn't post product teasers that you don't intend to produce," he shouted.

Steve relaxed for a moment and allowed his blood pressure to settle down. These Open Forum sessions at the GenCons produced some crazy questions, and usually the same ones over and over. He sighed and responded. "While we at SFR love our Internet community, this is one you can't blame on us. We have NEVER, EVER posted anything official or unofficial that suggested we would produce UnEarthly. That's ancient history-TSR stuff. You might find an original box art sketch from TSR, the one that's in the Dragon Dice™ Hall of Fame and Museum, but that's all they ever produced. We feel no obligation to clean up another company's mess."

"Well, you guys had quite a mess of your own to clean up at first, didn't you?" asked another fan in the audience.

"Yes, we did," Steve admitted. "And we did quite a good job of that. Our investors have had nothing to worry about since."

A grizzled man in a hooded sweatshirt took the mike. "Whatever happened to the Founder?" he asked, barely whispering into the mike.

"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?" Steve quipped. (Buying the copyrights to Harry Potter had been a master stroke for SFR.) The audience, except for the questioner, laughed. "He still works the company in a minor advisory capacity. We seldom hear from him these days."

The questioned glared at Steve, but turned and walked away. Now that was strange, and I know strange, Steve thought. Why bring that up here? He hurried through the last couple of questions so he could get to the stadium on time.

As the dealer's room closed for the night, a figure in a hooded sweatshirt slipped behind a refreshment counter and ducked out of sight.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 pm GMT    Post subject: HG Reply with quote

Quote:
Chuck's Brand New Laptop was awaiting in the Limo!

"Ah, one of the perks of buying out Apple," Chuck thought as he glanced at the new iDDBook III. The Dragon Dice™-themed machine, complete with the new 9th edition Dragon Dice™ PC game (die not included), would most likely set a new worldwide sales record for laptop in general , not to mention special game-enhanced laptops. Still, business called, and Chuck fired up the satellite connection to the DDWeb (which was very close to putting the World Wide Web out of commission). He checked his e-mails, especially the updates from GenCon Philly. Steve reported that all was going well, particularly at his Phillies game, where the two-time defending World Champions were smoking the Yankees 14-2 in the 7th.

Chuck paused over Steve's mention of the Open Forum questions. He had been having a nagging feeling that something odd was going on in the DD world, and though this was pretty insignificant it just added into the vague sense of impending-what? Chuck shook his head. The new product launch and theme park expansion must be getting to him. Maybe it was time to take that cruise he and Pat had been talking about. SFR could survive a couple of weeks without him there. There were no major announcements on the immediate horizon (it'd be at least six weeks before they'd announce the AKC-Folk supplemental kicker for the Feral at the Westminster Dog Show), so he could relax a bit.

He pulled out his iDDPhone and dialed the agency. "Hello, Cyrean Cruises? I'd like to book a cruise to the Bahamas for next week. Chuck Pint...yes, that's right. Thanks!" Joe's cruise line is certainly efficient, even if they are headquartered in Colorado Springs, Chuck thought. He sat back in his seat. Yep, a couple weeks away from the Tower could be just what the doctor ordered.
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pelter_Boy
uncommon

fiji.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! The tower's turning again!
First person banished North
First person banished south of S&JW
First person with posts banished from the forum
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"You have mail!"

Chuck winced when he heard the dark grumbling voice of Pelter_Boy.
Who in Esfah's Gods names had programmed THIS voice for mail reports onto his brand new computer?
With shaking hands the President of SFR.Inc lifted the laptop's lid, prepared to see the animated picture of a 7'2'' Undead Goblin on the screen, waving an envelope with a sarcastic smile on his face but to his relieve he recognized that - whoever had gotten a hand on his laptop - they only had exchanged the voice but the special custom made 3D animation of a barely clothed belly-dancing Vampire had remained untouched.
Chuck sighed in relief and clicked the open mail button.

Hi Chuck,
as you might know I'm working on a new song, entitled
"Rok around the Coast" and I'd like to open the song with a special sound effect.
I thought you might help me with this?
I urgently need the clicking sound of rolling dice in 8.9 surround sound, followed by a players moan about the mishappened roll!
You know anybody suitable who could be sent to my Leopard Rider Studio to provide his skills for this recording? He/she should have extraordinary acting skills, of course!
Unnecessary to mention that - as usual - all the credit listed on the cd cover will be mine!

Let me know when you come up with a name! But don't send Rex again, he has the annoying habit of looking up every word I say in the online Wikipedia! He almost busted my last recording because he kept discussing about naming my Dragon Dice™™ Compilation cd "Desert Chronicles" or "Wasteland Chronicles"!

BTW, regarding the payment, could we agree on 50 sets of the new Millennium Hybrid Dragonkin Champions instead of the usual kicker packs this time??
My Headless Ambusher/Cutthroat guitar body broke and I need a bunch of extraordinary dice to glue them together as a new body for my GOBLINCASTER™ guitar. (Guess I'll have to rename it afterwards!?)

Thanx Chuck, and keep rolling them dices,
Deeghter

Sending someone to Germany for at least several weeks to annoy-uh, assist Deeghter with recording. Someone who spoke decent enough German. Chuck thought for about a second. It would be well worth 50 sets of Millennium Hybrid Dragonkin Champions to send someone in particular.

And he was sure Steve wouldn't mind having Pelter Boy away for the summer.
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This

Quote:
This is the graph of...

asked Steve.

Pelter Boy looked over the numbers-or rather, the lack of them. "Uh, it's just some game thing I've been trying out," he replied, half-truthfully.

"Don't think I don't know what you've been doing in the stockroom after closing, " Steve snapped. "I warned you about getting involved in those high-stakes Dragon Dice™ games! So, are you going to have to sell off your Pelter collection to pay these debts?"

Pelter Boy looked extremely upset. "I don't suppose I could borrow some money until next payday?" he asked hopefully-but he knew the answer as soon as he looked at his dad's face.

Steve snorted. "You still owe me, let's see, how much was it for that last little purchase at GenCon?"

Pelter Boy figured discretion was the better part of valor (or, as the literary figure Chguck would have put it, "Don't talk, dummy!") and answered, "I don't remember, exactly."

"I do," Steve said ominously. "And your mother is going to find out if you don't find a way to pay it back soon."

That was a fate worse than the Spoon. "I'll get some overtime, if I don't get the movie job," Pelter Boy whimpered.

"Don't worry about it," Steve said. "I got an offer that should make your summer. How's your German?"

"Ich kann Deutsch sehr gut sprechen. Ich erinnere mich viel was ich gelernt habe," Pelter Junge antwortet.

"That's good," Steve answered. (He actually understood that much German, but not much more.) "Deeghter's got a job for you at his studio for the summer. Mom says it's OK for you to go-it's better than sending you to the annual Tournament of Dice Parade again."

Pelter Boy sagged with relief. "How much does it pay?" he asked.

"Getting you out of our hair for the summer," Steve answered.

Pelter Boy knew better than to comment on that.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddicerc wrote:

"Ich kann Deutsch sehr gut sprechen. Ich erinnere mich viel was ich gelernt habe," Pelter Junge antwortet.

That should do it!!! Very Happy

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using his mobile Google translator......
The hooded one quickly deciphered....

Google translator wrote:
I can speak German very well. I remember a lot of what I have learned, replied "Young Pelter" (Pelter_Boy)

then he dashed into the shadows.....again. Cool
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A large white funnel cloud passes surprising close to the SFR tower,
setting off alarms and emergency sprinklers, again.....
looks like the work of the UnEarthly, perhaps the twister-folk.

Grabwuk! thought Billy the Janitor. He was looking forward to actually getting home early that night for a change, when he got the call to clean up some sprinkler damage in the dice sorting room. At least it wasn't in the Dragon Dice™ CCG room; everyone knows that dice are much better than cards at avoiding serious damage from spills and other liquid-based incidents. Heck, the Dragon Dice™ vs. Magic Aquarium display was a big hit at every con SFR ran. Billy chuckled to himself. It really tickled him to see the suffering of the ardent Magic fans every time an SFR employee would toss an Alpha edition Black Lotus into the tank just for fun. There were so few pleasures available in life to someone in Billy's station.

Still, there were puddles to clean up, and Billy knew it would be a long night. He cursed himself for what he had done to the system during its last maintenance cycle. It wasn't supposed to be that sensitive in the dice sorting room. He had checked and rechecked, but he must have crossed wires somewhere. He'd have to look into that when he got a chance.

Billy glanced at his watch. He wouldn't get down to The Galloping Gorgon in time for his meeting tonight. Ah, well, so many guys were in Philly for GenCon anyway. He could grab a drink on the way home after he was done. Besides, overtime paid time-and-a-half, so he might as well drag out this job a little. It'd look good on paper Friday.

Last edited by ddicerc on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:28 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Steve & Joe's World All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: