SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Price changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:33 pm GMT    Post subject: More Price changes Reply with quote

Ok, SFR is getting it all back together. But we still need to make some changes. If we are going to sell thru distribution, the prices on the website have to match the product we sell the retailers. Sad So the price of Treefolk will go up to $7.95. Also the prices of the cases were just inconsistent. All the case prices from now on will be the same price as buying 11 boxes. So buy a case and get one kicker or starter for free!

We also braved the dust and worse to check out what SFR really still had in stock. We've found a bunch of lost products. When the new price page goes up, take a look at the stuff we've found!

Price changes will take effect on Sunday March 27, 2005.
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be buying my Treefolk before Sunday, then. Smile

Does this mean SFR will be using distributors like Diamond, etc., to get back into comic book and gaming stores? That should really boost the game's recognition level.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want to try anyway. But it was pointed out that we'd have trouble with the retailers if our prices are lower than list. Cases don't count so we can discount them. Very Happy
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
We want to try anyway. But it was pointed out that we'd have trouble with the retailers if our prices are lower than list. Cases don't count so we can discount them. Very Happy

I hate to say it, but as someone who's interested in potentially investing in SFR, I've been thinking for awhile that eventually you will have to raise all of the old TSR kickers back to their original retail prices. (And then give the 1/12 discount for ordering a case.)
Otherwise, I think the message to customers is "Wait long enough and you'll get these dice at half off." I do understand the economics of sitting on a large inventory because sales would drag on those products, but if you are launching new product, such as new starters, you've either got to rely on selling out of the new product quickly, or maintaining a price barrier that establishes that your stuff doesn't get discounted.
I don't want to make this too long, but here's a couple of examples:
Cadbury mini-eggs. These things only come out at Easter, and are essentially very different-tasting M&M's. I'm addicted to them. They are probably half the reason I weigh 240-ish, and not 190-ish. Anyway, every year I would buy them, but only so many, until Easter was over, and then I would go to a ToysRUs and get a huge quantity, about 20 bags usually. I essentially stopped buying them, except in very small quantities, until after Easter, to get them at $1 per bag, instead of $2.50+. Then 2 years ago, I went about 2 days after Easter, and guess what? NO Cadbury mini-eggs. I frantically went to some other ToysRus's, Walmarts, Targets....nothing. That year, I had not bought one bag before Easter, so I went almost 2 whole years without these things.
Needless to say, now I buy them in bulk and stock up pre-Easter. Those are the lessons I, as a consumer, took about their product based on over-productions and retailers' clearancing tendencies.
DD is not in the same situation exactly, but if SFR itself is "discounting" the product, even if it is 10 year old product, what will potential consumers take from that?
Example 2: This one is a little more relevant. When Decipher's Lord of the Rings CCG came out, I bought quite a bit of it, and kept up with buying it for the first 4 or 5 sets. Then I had to stop, and have gotten thankful I did. I see booster boxes of the first 6 sets selling for about $22 each now, instead of the retail of $108, or the (heavily discounted) $65-72 that could be found when they first came out. I just bought a number of packs at the rate of $10/booster box, and won't be buying others until they reach a relatively low price level. This isn't really a problem for Decipher, since they have sold so much LOTR product. But for a smaller company, relying on one product line, this is important.
(By the way, this is why I think a chase or parallel set should be used in future DD products, to keep a collectability to the products that will ensure a fairly high "price trough." If there are something like "gold ink" versions of the dice, at a certain point the hard-core players and collectors will buy up any remaining inventories in search of these dice.)
Autpost
common
Stockholder

latvia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the new pricelist has come out. Confused

What is an Undead/Fereal bag of dice (for 3$)? A bag with Undead logo? Or a starter dicebag with some Undeads in it? Is there a chance to get a Dracolich?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the bag of dice that normally goes into a Undead or Feral kicker. These just never got into a kicker box. We have several boxes full of these bags of dice. Once you've brought a bunch of boxed kickers, you really don't need another box or rules, right? So just a chance at get some dice a bit cheaper. Your chance of getting a rare monster (or any other monster) is the same as buying a boxed kicker. I'm sure Cliff isn't even going to look at the dice as he packs them up (right, Cliff?). Smile
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot to order my Treefolk until yesterday, and then it was too late for the old price. Sad
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
I'm sure Cliff isn't even going to look at the dice as he packs them up (right, Cliff?). Smile

Of course not Twisted Evil

Seriously, I already have more dice than I can ever play with. In that respect I am the perfect person to do the shipping. A zombie is the same as a dracolich is the same as a wraith, I already own more of each than I can ever use.

I just grab whichever baggie is on top and throw in into the mailing box.

DeputyFife can vouch for me, to save him some shipping costs I preopened a case of Treefolk for him (no reason to ship air). He got 3 Unicorns in that case. It never even crossed my mind to do anything other than just ship them to him.
deputyfife
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can and will vouch for Cliff. I did have him pre-open some stuff to save me shipping, and I definitely got more than my fair share of the rare monsters in that stuff.
arcbat
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:33 am GMT    Post subject: SFR on ebay Reply with quote

SFR has also started offering some items on ebay. This week it's a full set of production run (gold ink) Dragonhunters and a full set of Dragonkin Champions (Black, Green, and Gold from SFR, plus the Red and Blue from TSR). The starting price is lower than retail, so check it out, and you might find some great deals!

SFR Auctions on Ebay

Look for the ebay seller ID "sfrinc" for official SFR auctions. Despite the low feedback, you can bid with confidence knowing that Chuck and Cliff are on the job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> SFR Operations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: