SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Product for Gencon2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedijon
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
The new Battlefields expansion will be available at Gencon for the first time, but the pricing won't be any different.

There will be one surprise at Gencon (there always is). I will try to post it on thursday morning. Have your friend check it out for you. I expect to sell out, but if we don't I will put them on the website.

Any chance posting it now, so my Ninja can be greased and ready to go???
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a personal ninja? Shocked

or is it a kawasaki?

anyway it is morning here Razz show us the surprise allready

sorry for harrasing I am a bit excited too much coffee this mrning
MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissTiffany wrote:
Gencon has officially begun. Sorry I didn't post this immediately but lots of computer glitches have kept us hopping. Things have settled down.

So I am not Mr. Cliff Wiggs but Mrs. Cliff Wiggs and I can reserve bags for those who want them.

YES that means we have dice bags now.

If I did it right there should be a picture here.

Battlefields are selling well! They look really interesting. I will try to get a picture later on!

MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all about the new dice...

To review what we know...
The battlefields expansion holds both major and minor terrains.
They have the new red/blue and red/green terrains in both the 4 minors and the 4 majors.
They have 4 new 8th faces that have been in the rulebook for a while.

the only thing you don't have are the faces of the actual dice... so...

the minors are the same as before. no difference, just the two new colors.

The new wasteland - city,standingstones,temple,tower have the following progression: Magic,Missile,Missile,Melee,Melee,etc.

The new feylands - city,standingstones,temple,tower have the following progression: magic,magic,magic,missile,melee,melee,etc.

Now it gets interesting...

The Castle, all castles regardless of the color have the following progression:
magic,magic,missile,melee,melee,etc

The vortex, all vortexes regardless of the color have the following progression:
magic,magic,missile,missile,missile,melee,melee,etc.

The Grove, all groves regardless of the color have the following progression:
magic,magic,magic,magic,missile,melee,melee

The Dragons Lair, all dragons lairs regardless of the color have the following progression:
magic,missile,melee,melee,etc...

now, if you haven't just said 'OH MY' then go read all that again.

This expansion is not just another race to deal with. This is a basic change that affects all races. This is one of those little things that can change everything.

Hang on, its going to be a bumpy ride!
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! It took me three views before I even dared to post. This stuff is really nice. Happy to see the grove on the 4-magic face though... (I wonder what wasteland-groves looks like though). Great food for thought Smile

F
MikeD
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of a wasteland grove as an oasis.
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeD wrote:
I think of a wasteland grove as an oasis.
Smile We have dice and a camera, but they are packed in a box we haven't unloaded yet...
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Battlefield Kickers (Boxes):

I bought 2 boxes for my Mom,
and 1 box had 4 specials.

So the end result,
6 specials (1 of each land type)
and all 4 new 8th faces!!!

1 feyland
1 wasteland

plus
1 minor terrain of each color except a wasteland
and at least one of all the 4 types of minors.

So basically She has 1 of everything (minus the wastleland minor)
Cool
jedijon
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that there were one of each of the new terrains (of the 8 various eighth faces), and two more major terrains that were guaranteed to be of the previous 4 color combos AND the new 4 eighth faces.

Are half of the terrains in their just random terrains of the swampland, highland, coastland, flatlands variety? So, you'll get lots of terrains you already have, and have half the chance of getting the "special" (i.e. new 4) faces on the older terrain colors? I want to support this company - but if it's the latter, it would give me some serious reservations with this release.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedijon wrote:
I want to support this company - but if it's the latter, it would give me some serious reservations with this release.
You may continue to support us in good conscience, trust that we would never do that to our player base, let alone ourselves.

If you can get a terrain in a starter, then you will not get that exact terrain from battlefields expansion kicker. the two sets are currently mutually exclusive.

Besides know what the production plant was told to do, I've seen 6 cases opened while at Gencon. So I've seen it validated that it was done correctly.

The text on the back of the box contains the distribution, but let me detail it here.

Each battlefields box contains 7 dice.

3 of those dice are minor terrains. There are 24 different minor terrains (4 types by 6 colors). You will get a random 3 of those 24.

4 of those dice are major terrains.

1 major terrain WILL BE a Feyland. There are 8 different 8th faces, so you will get 1 random out of those 8.

1 major terrain WILL BE a Wateland. There are 8 different 8th faces, so you will get 1 random out of those 8.

The remaining 2 major terrains will be one of the new 8th faces. The original 4 types of terrains by the 4 new 8th faces gives you 16 dice. These last 2 will be random from those 16 dice.

Make sense?
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought that there were one of each of the new terrains (of the 8 various eighth faces), and two more major terrains that were guaranteed to be of the previous 4 color combos AND the new 4 eighth faces.

Are half of the terrains in their just random terrains of the swampland, highland, coastland, flatlands variety? So, you'll get lots of terrains you already have, and have half the chance of getting the "special" (i.e. new 4) faces on the older terrain colors? I want to support this company - but if it's the latter, it would give me some serious reservations with this release.

The box that had 4 specials:

1 was a highland vortex (special)
1 was a feyland special
1 was a wasteland special
1 was a flatland special

you get 3 minors,
and those can be any of the six land types...

remember that this is the second installment of the rebirth of magestorm (discontinued)
the first installment was the dragonkin kicker
available at the sfr store.
jedijon
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rayborn wrote:
Quote:

The box that had 4 specials:

1 was a highland vortex (special)
1 was a feyland special
1 was a wasteland special
1 was a flatland special

you get 3 minors,
and those can be any of the six land types...

remember that this is the second installment of the rebirth of magestorm (discontinued)
the first installment was the dragonkin kicker
available at the sfr store.

BOX - not - CASE!

face-palm! Oh, I see, and really see. Thanks both for the replies! This set is going to rock Smile Especially now that I understand (finally right!) what it is.
marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance someone could post up some pics of the physical box and dice so those of us still waiting for our store to get em Very Happy
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of the dice are already posted: here. And may I add, some look mighty sexy. I am especially fond of the feyland and coastland specials, and I'm really looking forward to the wasteland specials.

F
marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had seen those was kinda hoping for some more close up camera pics. I do like the color schemes they look nice.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah I had seen those was kinda hoping for some more close up camera pics. I do like the color schemes they look nice.

I could post a few close ups...
actually I'm working on getting all the dice ready for piMaster's DDInventory.
marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if either of those are a valid use of time (secretly has an obsession with the DDinventory) Shocked
Raphael Pacheco Soto
dragonfoal

puertorico.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:47 pm GMT    Post subject: New product Reply with quote

In my opinion, this product needs a nice artwork, but even if the dice comes in a plain white box I would buy the stuff. My collection needs some serious 'beefing' being only two TSR starters.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In my opinion, this product needs a nice artwork, but even if the dice comes in a plain white box I would buy the stuff. My collection needs some serious 'beefing' being only two TSR starters.

Scroll back to the beginning of this thread...
or click on the link.
There is a box.

http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2394&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The product packaging design really gets me in the mood to make my own.

Like the other players here, we all want SFR to sell more. More sales = more players. I think this is a great game, and I, like every other person on these boards am yearning for the day we can stick it to the likes of WotC and FFG Razz

Alas, I'll have to wait until I've purchased my own set and have played enough to immerse myself in it. There are three things that can produce a good design: passion, skill and compromise.

Without passion, you are merely designing for a client. Without skill, your design won't have a professional finishing touch. Without compromise, you will find it hard to understand what the market wants. There's a difference between the market and the regular players. You can easily predict what regular players want, but the 'market' is where you go fishing for new or potential players.

You can produce a design with one or two of the three, but having all would ultimately lead to a very compelling design. There's a lot more to design than how good it looks. The best designs are the ones that incite EMOTION.

Damn it. I don't think I can stay my PayPal account 'til Christmas... I may be opening my presents early... (which'll give me an excuse to buy expansions for Christmas instead)
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: