SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All the missing Unseelie Faeries Found!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFR Management
Site Admin

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:23 am GMT    Post subject: All the missing Unseelie Faeries Found! Reply with quote

It's been a rumor for years that WotC threw away tons of Dragon Dice™ into a landfill somewhere outside of Dallas, Texas. But a little know fact is that WotC shipped most of the Dragon Dice™ inventory to Belgium to be destroyed. At great expense, the founders of SFR had that product recalled back to Oklahoma City. But very few of the Scalder product made it back. Our Belgium rep yvesvanherp heard about this and as part of his doctorate thesis postulated that those missing Scalders were in a Belgium landfill. He made it his life's work to hunt those Scalders down. And now, just before his retirement, he's got the following announcement to make:
yvesvanherp wrote:
It's taken me most of my life, but after literally digging around all over Belgium, I've found them. They were in an industrial dump actually quite nearby. No, I won't say exactly where, too much work still needs to be done. We don't want any looters (dutchjohn I'm talking to you!) at this rather delicate site. We've also found a rich cache of Swamp Stalkers, Monsters and Amazons, and a few Frostwings. We hope that we will find more Frostwings out there as well.

So there you have it. Expect the cost of Unseelie Faeries to plummet as the market gets flooded with them.
subaggut
dragonsteed

hungary.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good April Fool! Razz
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? It's true. Well at least the first 4 sentences are completely true. The "most of my life" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw myself as a looter but I can always start gna gna
yvesvanherp
common

belgium.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I have missed this one???

Great, guys!!!

I think I must have been too busy celebrating my retirement! And about those Unseelie Faeries ... well I do have some of them hidden in a safe place. Watch eBay if you want one!

Laughing
Quickbeam
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe!

I just found this post today and I'm telling you, for the first few seconds my heart rate went ..... ZING ..... and I wondered what the hell would be the next shoe to drop: Somebody discovering a massive stash of original Frostwings!

Then I realized you done got me. Mr. Green

Well done.....

Hehehehe

"Quickbeam" from TheOneRing.net
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
David Johnson
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 pm GMT    Post subject: GRRRRRRRRRRR Reply with quote

I come back from a 4 month break of DOOM to find this. This was so wrong on so many levels. I thought the world was looking up for us collectors, and then you sank it back. In all seriousness though...Glad to be back guys.

Obie-Doob-Scooby-Doob-Banoobie, THUMB WARS.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 am GMT    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRRRRRRR Reply with quote

David Johnson wrote:
Glad to be back guys.
Welcome back! Stay undercover and watch out for those hailstorms (pesky frostwing mages)
David Johnson
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately the Mages hit me with friendly fire (I am a frostie after all). Our roof has to be replaced, but our insurance covered everything so it's all good. Kara and I are saving up for a huge purchase to finish (as much as we can with the scalders) our initial collection of the non elderim. We need Amazons, Swampies, Scalders, and one Bear Folk. (My dog ate the one we had.) That and I could use some more frosties.

cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance tells me that my roof didn't get hail, just wind damage. However the roofer disagrees (and I'm stuck in the middle - sigh)
David Johnson
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my claim adjuster to lift the tarp and stick his foot through the hole in my roof if he didn't believe me. Softball size hail going through 3/4 inch ply is pretty evil. My roof didn't stand a chance.

cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I was about half a mile too far south. I missed the hail, but our best friends in oklahoma got smashed. skylights, every car window, two house windows and the wind came in and knocked over a computer desk inside the house (new PC!)
David Johnson
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only it had been a mac. Then no one would miss it. lol

marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Johnson wrote:
if only it had been a mac. Then no one would miss it. lol

Don't know about that, I'm pretty fond of my Mac.
David Johnson
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own I guess. Each platform has it's pros and cons, it just all depends on which one you personally like.

Raphael Pacheco Soto
dragonfoal

puertorico.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have all the dice, even if the manufacturer would have to paint the printed area with ivory, lime green, soft yellow, orange or any other color to tell them apart from the original dice. You ask why? Well imagine if you paid a big amount for a 1977 Star Wars figure or a 1982 Transformers and then someone in China would manufacture hundreds of reproductions? Anyone would go hooligan against the merchandise truck. I remember that some guy vandalized a toy figure in a toy shop because it looked like a figure he or she paid a lot for. A lot of people would want to complete their dice collection though. Some people who want to make a quick buck are to blame because they want to encourage and benefit from an 'auction mentality'. Differences in the appearance for the dice would create an equilibrium between collectors and players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: