SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terrainosaur
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:50 am GMT    Post subject: Stores Reply with quote

Does SFR sell to brick-and-morter retailers and/or distributors? What would it take to start getting DragonDice into stores?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sell to all gaming distributors. That said, some of those distributors are not doing their job. They tell stores that they are out of Dragon Dice™ or Dragon Dice™ is no longer available. I want to know if your local store ever hears that. I'll make sure to set it right. The distributors just have to order it. Most distributor don't carry very much stock if they can help it. So they tend to wait for orders to come in from stores before getting more.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
Terrainosaur
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Alliance lists current SFR products. So if I were to do a demo and someone asked "How can I buy this" the answer is to talk to the store owner to order it.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is preferred method.

that being said. If the local distributor keeps refusing to carry it, have the local game store contact us. We will sell directly to a store.

that being said. if the local game store refuses to carry it, have the player come to us. we will take care of them if no one else will.

if the local player refuses to buy it, then make them do another demo. They obviously didn't catch on to this awesome game the first time. Mr. Green
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Stores Reply with quote

Everything Cliff says is correct! Very Happy

-Dave
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know game stores need to make money themselves, but after learning that the cost of Dragon Dice™ was about 1/3 more than it costs me to get it direct from SFR online, why would ~anyone~ buy from a retail outlet?

The only time I'd buy straight from the retail shop would be if they sold the individual dice -- so you can choose which units to add to your collection.

Do retailers get discounts for ordering in bulk?
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, stores set their own prices, but it's pretty unusual for a store to charge more than Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Of course they don't pay MSRP for their product, whether it's from us or a distributor, they get a discount from MSRP.

So tell the store that if they change more than MSRP, why should you buy from them? No store can complain about our prices if they sell for more than MSRP, just about all small game manufacturers sell directly at MSRP.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's jacked man. How much more are they charging? Our local store sells at exact consumer price.
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is here in Bangkok, they might be covering import fees (especially with large volumes). So it's less if I order directly from SFR even with all the shipping charges included (albeit smaller shipments) -- which, btw.. you guys do a GREAT job at shipping... I don't know how it gets past customs and import duties and all that stuff!

You have to understand just how corrupt customs is here. I had to pay "import duties" for a Ripstik I ordered from Amazon and even though the thing itself is only 50 bucks with the correct value and all printed on the friggin' receipt, they taxed it at a higher value -- 3 times the original value!!
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

theanimaster wrote:
you guys do a GREAT job at shipping... I don't know how it gets past customs and import duties and all that stuff!

Because BigBrother is out there and the internet is forever I have to officially say this.

SFR does not do anything special to our overseas orders to attempt to bypass customs or duties. It is up to the local country to decide what they do or don't do here.

We've had some orders fly through with no issues. We've had some orders get held up for weeks. We have no control over either case.
marwyn_blackstar
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

theanimaster wrote:
Well, this is here in Bangkok, they might be covering import fees (especially with large volumes). So it's less if I order directly from SFR even with all the shipping charges included (albeit smaller shipments) -- which, btw.. you guys do a GREAT job at shipping... I don't know how it gets past customs and import duties and all that stuff!

You have to understand just how corrupt customs is here. I had to pay "import duties" for a Ripstik I ordered from Amazon and even though the thing itself is only 50 bucks with the correct value and all printed on the friggin' receipt, they taxed it at a higher value -- 3 times the original value!!

Aaah that sucks man, I've never delt with shipping from Thailand before so I wasn't sure what it's situation was compared to other areas on the region.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> SFR Operations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: