SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your favorite color of spells, and your most fearful.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Your favorite color of spells, and your most fearful..... Reply with quote

I did not have enough room in the title to finish. ".....most fearful racial combo".

I am a fan of the undead suite of spells really but I think scalders have it best honestly. Watery double is very nice, their ability to devastate an entire terrain worth of armies, I mean blow all your mana on ash storms reserving just enough for eruption, SICK man. And again ash storms + flash flood.
Dwarves seem to have a killer list themselves though, destroying items and the ever famous path/xmute. Dwarves also have real nice melee, tack on some burning hands and wtf. In fact though Coral elves have a sweet list too. Degenerate Dragonkin is retarded good. They are seriously an 8th face nut buster. (Dont go there)

Lava Elves having fearful flames makes them very cool. If you can summon a couple of dragons and maybe do a ton of ash storms they really can clean house.

I am going to have to say though, how I started off. My favorite color is black and I fear the scalders' racial/color combo.
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite color for magic is Blue, and the only thing i fear in this game is the breath of a blue/black hybrid and when my opponent gets unbelievably lucky rolls Razz .
Katsu
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggsaladsandwich wrote:
Favorite color for magic is Blue, and the only thing i fear in this game is the breath of a blue/black hybrid and when my opponent gets unbelievably lucky rolls :P .

Ah yes, the deadly FROSTWING dragon. That's right. I just claimed one of the best hybrids for Frostwing.

Honestly I don't use magic yet much. Mainly because I have very little in the way of mages. I've gotten some great effect out of Flaming Spears though - all cast with a Bronze Medallion of course. I look forward to having more chances to explore magic once I get a few more Magus/Apprentices and or start playing other races more.
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call it a "Tundra dragon", made up names for all the hybrids: marsh, forest, caldera, desert, swamp, sea, mountain, plains, etc...
dburkley
rare
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Your favorite color of spells, and your most fearful..... Reply with quote

I called them "Crunch & Munch" in 2008 when they literally ate or blew away EVERY die in my army. The nasty beasties belonged to Pat Pint and I would venture to say that must have been one of her very best games.
Battlefest Champion: DEXCON 2008, 2011, GENCON 2009, 2010 (co-champion), 2011, 2017)
"No Magicians": GENCON 2008
"Single Race": DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2010, 2011, 2014 (co-champion), 2017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Strategy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: