SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little bit of a tease part 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Little bit of a tease part 3 Reply with quote

Here is the beginnings of the logo for quest, I was thinking of leaving it as a white wyrm. I dont think there is enough exposure for wyrms or white dragons i think. Maybe thinking of giving him a kinda rainbow breath, to show they can cast multiple colors of breathe. Or maybe just leave it very basic black and white. What do you guys think?

cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's going to be a logo, you definitely need to follow the rules on making logos.

One such rule: Make sure it reproduces well in Black & White.

Perhaps I can add some of my own talent to this project. Will design a logo based on your initial draft here and we'll see how it goes from there.

More power to the project~!
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quest Logo Vectorized
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll up you on that: vectorised remix : P

Yes, I know it's supposed to be a white wyrm... it can be, just that we would require a dark background. This is a "stamp" version.
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jim for making that vector for me, can you send it to my email.

Animaster- very nice, gotta make my little sketch look dumb dont ya Wink im impressed, lets to his lol (im serious) Do think white though, so the "Q" is more visible, dont want people looking for it, the dragon and tower need to contrast. Does everyone agree his is better then mine?
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I certainly agree that the Q should be the same colour as the rest of the text. I'll rework it along with a few tweaks to the spacing in between the solid shapes as it doesn't quite seem to scale down as nicely as it should (i.e. the lines disappear into the shapes). The gaps need to be wider, and the middle of the "e" needs to be thickened a bit.
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to be nitpicky but the little eyebrow shape at the bottom of the breathe looks kinda weird also. When scaled down does the eye get messed up being so close to the top of the mouth?
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eye comes out alright. It's the part toward the crest of the tower that worries me. I made the gaps too narrow.

Don't worry about being nit-picky. This is how things evolve, and that was actually a concern of mine as well. At the time I was thinking "why would we need this... meh, I'll keep it an see" so when you point it out, it just confirms my own rationale. I'm kinda like that -- there are time that I tend to keep things even when I sort of know it shouldn't be -- it takes another person or two to get me to realise it. Many times there would even be something that I completely miss!

Which, by the way, is exactly what happened with the playing mats (and I have to thank everyone involved with that coz it was the best re-tooling of my work that I did!)
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of playmats...give me that file. I really want to print them up
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you Jim for making that vector for me, can you send it to my email.

I can't send file attachments after the blockade yesterday...
so Cliff has it if you even want it.

It could be tweaked...ie the right eyelid has a slight hitch...
it's a vector file now...
so anyone can do it...
might look cool colorized.

I thought this was a Josh project...
sole control...so I never bothered suggesting artwork...
but as I was saying...
we have allot of talent on the forum...a shame not to take advantage of it...
nice work as always animaster. (Steve animaster did the SFR logo vectorized BTW)
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a quick colour-key here with a modified version of the logo. My personal favourite is #2:

theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero_Dynasty wrote:
Speaking of playmats...give me that file. I really want to print them up

I'd already emailed you the version without the additional graphics (which I'm ~still~ working on ;o; )... Can you confirm that you've received this file or are you referring to the hopefully-to-be-finished-soon version?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

we don't need two logo's.

but I'm undecided on which jumps out at me the most right now.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve (animaster) could make the gamemat...if there is one...
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, it still is, and I don't intend to take on a full-time job as lead designer etc. I just had one of those "episodes" where I just ~had~ to do it : P bout of inspiration... actually I've been meaning to do it for a long time.

On the other hand I've voiced my concern over some the roles I was initially given as I didn't feel I could fulfill it. I prefer to direct art rather than create it, but every now and then I just feel like getting hands-on. I would do anything to help, but I've my own demons to face, and because of this, I see myself fit to direct rather than produce the actual art, if you know what I mean.
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rayborn wrote:
Steve (animaster) could make the gamemat...if there is one...

Hey wait... are we talking about the Quest game mat or the DragonDice one? Yes, I've been tasked with the Quest one (specifically) but ... I just can't get my head to think in the right direction.

It's sort of like, you know, when you learn about something and see it, you're like "Hey, I know what will make this work!" ? Well that's the feeling I had with the DragonDice game mat.

But for Quest I didn't get that feeling yet. I'm still at "Well, I might do this, but I'm not sure IF it's RIGHT...". So there's that really strong feeling of self doubt and uncertainty.

What COULD help this? If someone can sketch me something, THEN I can take a look at it and go "That's great, and I think I know what will really make this work!" This is how I've felt toward the Quest logo. The idea, the foundation was there -- but it was something more of just a sketch or idea -- it was ~the~ finished version with everything thrown into it that really got me inspired enough to remodel it.

I think this is what I do best. None of the things I've created were my original ideas -- the site, the logo, box designs, game mats, spell cards etc. There was always someone ahead of me who had the idea in place, and all I did was pretty much turn their ideas and designs into more 'commercially viable' ones.
Zero_Dynasty
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said playmat, I was referring to the one you made for the normal game. I don't need crazy details...I never got an email.

The logo, how about the third one, but yellow breathe with a red gradient. I love the shadow behind. This looks better then mine cliff Smile

Im perfectly fine doing the original concepts and some oen explode them into something much better, I kinda work the opposite of you animaster which works very nice. Same for stories, I have great ideas but don't execute them as well as I envisioned.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero_Dynasty wrote:

The logo, how about the third one, but yellow breathe with a red gradient. I love the shadow behind. This looks better then mine cliff Smile
your's kinda grew on me.

let me put them both on my desktop and see which one I still like after a few weeks.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero wrote:
Maybe thinking of giving him a kinda rainbow breath, to show they can cast multiple colors of breathe.

let's see one in rainbow breath like Josh envisioned. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dragon Dice: Quest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: