SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little bit of a tease part 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, the design's been modified, and the modifications change things quite a bit.

You might try looking at it from zoomed out, or in print. I did several print tests and the newer version is a remarkable difference than my older version when zoomed out.

You're right about accentuating the curve, and this is what I intend to do with Cliff's suggestion. This is the only area we can fit those brick-lines, as it turns out. Also, the top crest area has a large amount of 'blank, black space' -- adding the brick lines here will break up that space.

I will make the changes and post it soon.

Last edited by theanimaster on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, modifications in place: I've implemented the bricks. To an extent.

This also helps continue that curve coming from the dragon, as well as accentuating the crest of the caste, with a hint of bricks.

This is the best I can do without making the design overtly complex. I also tried the olive green/orange colour combo mentioned (my previous colours were just for the sake of showing a coloured version).

I also moved the tail down a notch away from the rest of the dragon because scaled down it looks too close. This way it scales down better.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

misstiffany approves. Smile

but we may tweak the colors some to use the same values as our posters.
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, thanks Miss Tiffany :3 ~!

Oh, definitely tweak the colours! I don't have the time to do colour studies on it at the moment... all I did so far were these quick ones. Design is one thing, but colour is a whole department of its own (and requires almost as much time in experimenting). The most I can do is offer suggestions on colour.

One such thing I wanted to experiment on (but haven't the time to) is using brush stroke/painting to colour in the castle and add scales to the dragon, and texture to the flame. This would create an entirely different class of the logo -- one which would be good for large banners. Otherwise, the logo as it is (here), is primarily for character sheets, books, letterheads and other small-scale applications.

With the 'paint scheme' above, you'd mainly be painting on the shape that's already there. Kind of like printing out the coloured version (in colour) and putting a real paint brush to it. The main shape remains unchanged, but inherits colour details from the brush.

If anyone has time to do that, that would be great. Just a tip if one does: use very light, pastel colours, and just keep working in the colour little by little. You wouldn't want very strong colours (though you're certainly free to experiment).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I would love a textured version that I could print on a poster or the cover of a booklet. Smile
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misinterpreted the breath...
I thought that tiny section was either the tongue or an extension of the breath...
but I see now it's part of the body.

I might look better just to tie it in to the breath,
as now the breath does not look like it's emanating from the mouth.

Cliff actually commented on this to me on Joshs' version.

It looks good...just thought I would mention this detail.
theanimaster
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I did connect the breath with the shape inside the mouth, but when it came to adjusting the gaps, the shape "broke away" i.e.: it doesn't fit the minimum clearance for it to connect. If you do try to connect it, when scaled down, the shape would mix with the dragon's tooth, obscuring that shape.

We could make the tooth smaller etc.; I've looked at all the possibilities in this area, this I felt was the best, as it helps the circular shape connect with itself better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dragon Dice: Quest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: