SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links for DDInventory (version 2.5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff, have you had a chance to look at this? It seems the program already has a way to export a table, but I need the table to be delineated. Either a standard delineation, or (better yet) an input box, dropdown box, or radio buttons to select a delineation.

Edit: Oh, and if you're exporting from the online dice database, is it possible to also have it export some other data? It'd be useful to export number of relevant faces on a die roll (not rolls that do something on that type of roll, but that actually generate results relevant to the roll), as well as total number of icons.

For example, a Fly icon would count as a save face and a maneuver face, but Ferry wouldn't count for any of it.

Basically export all data for all dice. It's much easier if I can dump it into a spreadsheet and sort, collate, and write equations to compare various numbers. So whatever data you've got entered, I'd like to get my hands on.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about this, it was a LONG drive back.

Only Pi can edit this program, no one else has the code.

All I have is the online database and it contains the SAI names, but not which generates each result.

PM me privately about what you might be interested in.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and ask Pimaster about the program. I hopefully will see him on Saturday. He has been off-line for some time. I don't know what he looks at.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialF wrote:
Just got this during a game of Shisen-Sho...
No tiles are hidden. Needless to say, I couldn't finish the game. Perhaps it has something to do with me running out of moves earlier and then undoing all my moves

I cannot really say how it got messed up. I've never tried undoing an entire game's worth of moves. I didn't write it though - I took someone else's code, made a few tweaks, and changed the tile images. Debugging other people's code is usually not too easy...

And is that timer right? You finished the game in less than two minutes? My best time is 3:18 and I was really moving!

stormywaters wrote:
Is there a way to export a complete dice list, with quantities (including zero), in a delineated text format? I'd like to import it into a spreadsheet for various reasons, and I'm wondering if this is possible.

It already exports a tab-delineated text file. When I open one in OpenOfficeOrg Calc, it presents a dialog that allows me to tell Calc that it is tab delineated. Works great here.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi! Good to see you back again! I figured out the error: you can undo moves beyond the current game if you played a game before. This allows uneven tile totals. Also, my girlfriend managed to get a time of 2:55, I just gave up trying to beat that...

F
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialFforFunky wrote:
I figured out the error: you can undo moves beyond the current game if you played a game before. This allows uneven tile totals.

Really? Wow. Probably easy to fix, but still...
Like I said, other peoples code. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Also, my girlfriend managed to get a time of 2:55, I just gave up trying to beat that...

Impressive!
TheLazyhase
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to download seem broken. I get a 404 when trying to DL it.

(nice to see a linux version tho :p)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The links to the old version in the first post are broken, the old version has been removed. Use the links in the second post (latest version).
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, when I give you the next version, you should probably just put the links and release info in the original post so people don't have to go thru the whole thread to find the links for the latest release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: