SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Dice Browser
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am GMT    Post subject: Online Dice Browser Reply with quote

This is a generic thread that will answer the most common questions about the Online Dice Browser. It is a living thread that will evolve with time.
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new site looks amazing! I love the dice browser. However, the White Dragons show the same damage as other dragons. Otherwise, well done!!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
The new site looks amazing! I love the dice browser. However, the White Dragons show the same damage as other dragons. Otherwise, well done!!
I'm gonna be fatigued from Gencon for several days. I'm meaning to populate this thread to answer most questions... just need more sleep first...
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! Just pointing out some things I notice. Also, "Willowling" is listed as "Willowing".
Lockwood

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dice Browser is excellent. Race Browser is good, too. Excellent type of product support...
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is an error on the Unicorn as well; it shows a Save percentage of 50% but I'm only counting 40% (ID, Save, Save, Counter). It also shows a 20% Magic percentage, but either it's counting Dispel Magic (which could be the case but seems strange) or it's off (because the ID is either not counted or counted twice). I'm not sure how you handle Dispel Magic, but I think it might be better left out of the stats, simply because it's not really "generating results" like other SAIs are.

Otherwise, all the Treefolk look spot-on! Thanks again for all the hard work!!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember to roll the Unicorn for Dispel, it has a 20% chance of Dispelling the magic. Or an 80% chance of not dispelling. You are correct that it has only a 40% chance of rolling a save. That means it has a 60% chance of not saving. Take those two failures together and you get the real chance of it saving against a spell. So 0.80 * 0.60 = 0.48 chance of failure against a spell. So it's save against a spell is 52%. It's save against anything else is 40%.

Magic is simply wrong. It's only got the ID.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so the unicorn is wrong, but maybe not in the way you think...

so a 'favorable result' means that it works during that roll. thus a cantrip or a teleport is a favorable result during saves.

thus... for saves - your favorable results are : ID,Save,Teleport,Counter,Teleport,Save so it should be 60% instead of 50%

For magic your favorable results are : ID,Teleport,teleport, so should be 30% instead of 20%.

for the average results - saves are (going across the faces): 4,0,4,0,0,0,4,0,0,4 - so those values are correct.

for average magic results - I do count the ID as twice, so its 8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 - so those values are correct as well.

so the only thing thats wrong with this die is the percentages of favorable are a little low.
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep bugging you, but the Dragonkin classes appear to be wrong. I'm getting Dragonsteed as Heavy Melee, etc.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, they are all wrong, but at least its consistently wrong!
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dice browser is great, I use it all the time to get the pictures I use during my online game. But I noticed that I had to keep looking for the monsters. Somehow they didn't seem to always appear in the same order. But then, when I would look for any difference by refreshing my browser or similar stuff, the monsters stayed in place. This happened so consistently that I was beginning to worry that I was losing my mind. Yes, I kind of freaked out a bit. However, I decided to be take a methodical approach to the issue, and made some screenshots:

I was relieved to discover that I was in fact not losing my mind as much as I thought I was Mr. Green. Still, the whole event was a bit unnerving (the fact that it was 2AM might have helped out as well), and I am left wondering whether this changing of the monster order was built in intentionally, and if so, why?

F
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it just to drive you insane! Mr. Green

when I get around to adding some more functionality I'll look into this. probably I just left the sorting up to the database server and its not being consistent.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
Sorry to keep bugging you, but the Dragonkin classes appear to be wrong. I'm getting Dragonsteed as Heavy Melee, etc.
it took a while, but I got these types fixed.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialFforFunky wrote:
Somehow they didn't seem to always appear in the same order.
FYI - I tweaked the sorting so that these will all show up alphabetically the same way they are in the rulebook.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to have the rolls posted...
as to not have to use the honor system???

Laughing

maybe the rolls post somewhere else outside of the program.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rayborn wrote:
Is there any way to have the rolls posted...
as to not have to use the honor system???

Laughing

maybe the rolls post somewhere else outside of the program.
THAT would be an online gaming system. At this time we are contracted with someone for them to attempt just such a thing (which precludes me from doing it). If they succeed, Great! If they fail, then we will see what happens once that contract is ended. Either way, its not in scope.

However, I am in the process of adding three placeholder pages and will be updating them (slowly) over the next several months.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing this, I will sleep better knowing the hauntingly shifting dice have been banished.

As for an 'external die-roller': that would be cool, but I actually like the physical action of rolling dice. It's a lot of work to post the results, but it also satisfies my die-rolling needs Smile.

F
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialFforFunky wrote:
Thanks for fixing this, I will sleep better knowing the hauntingly shifting dice have been banished.

As for an 'external die-roller': that would be cool, but I actually like the physical action of rolling dice. It's a lot of work to post the results, but it also satisfies my die-rolling needs Smile.

F

I like the external die roller for when my dice aren't available to roll, as much fun as it is. Smile
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OoOoh, did I just spot some new site-features? Very Happy

F
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialFforFunky wrote:
OoOoh, did I just spot some new site-features? Very Happy

F

I see it! I see it too!!
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Dice™ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: