SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Product Releases and PAX East
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 pm GMT    Post subject: 2012 Product Releases and PAX East Reply with quote

Cliff has been super swamped by doing demos at PAX, so I'll post some information for you to confirm what some of you have guessed. He may post some box renderings once we get back and sleep for a few days... He will also correct me on anything I say wrong.

There will be three releases this year: Battle Chest, Kicker Pack : Dwarves, and Kicker Pack: Goblins.

The Battle Chest is a rerelease of the magic items and artifacts. This completes our three year plan to replace the old Magestorm Expansion. There are no new dice in this product, but due to the large number of dice contained within it the distribution is being tweaked. Each box will contain two 1-pt 4-sides, two 2-pt 4-siders, two 3-pt 4-siders, and two artifacts.

The two kicker packs will replace the Two Player Starter which went out of print early this year.

Now the most exciting part! These two kickers will contain the mysterious missing monsters! The Behemoth and the Cannibal are making their debut.

You've already seen a rendering of the Behemoth on Facebook and Cliff is going to slowly release the icons for the new SAI's before confirming them.

There will only be a single ink color and (sorry Shoe) it should be the same as every other die from that race.

As for the rarity... this was answered on Facebook and could be inferred from the image we posted recently. Did any of you catch it?

Now an update on PAX East! We have been absolutely swamped doing demos and making sells. It is very common to see ShoeSan or Alex or Cliff or Chuck demoing to two, four, or even six people at once! The tables are never empty.

So for all those PAX-er who have just joined the forum: Greetings and Salutations!

One final note as I sign off: the Coral Elf and Lava Elf two-player starter has officially sold out! I'll give you very few guesses on what the next product release announcement will be about...
digitalsith
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ssswwweeeeeettt!!! Put me down for a case of Battle Chest's! 2 3health and 2 Artifacts per pack?! That is wicked! I still don't get the monster rarity guess I need to check facebook...
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: 2012 Product Releases and PAX East Reply with quote

I'm happy with the distribution of magic items

MissTiffany wrote:
One final note as I sign off: the Coral Elf and Lava Elf two-player starter has officially sold out! I'll give you very few guesses on what the next product release announcement will be about...

I know this one. We're having two new races introduced as a starter to replace the undesirable CE and LEs; Gnomes and Constructs! Whooo! And they're coming with 6 monsters. The rarity of the rarest monster will be 1 in 140. Very Happy

Looks like I'll have to wait a while to build up my elf armies...

Glad to hear PAX is going so well!
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MissTiffany for the confirmation! Awesome! A big digital hug for you
and one for Cliff that you can give to him once he gets back. As you know, nothing helps to relax more than a digital hug from someone you don't know from the other side of the earth... hmm... Confused Anyways, I'm very happy with the news and the great things you do! Yay!

F
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three quick questions:

1. When can we expect to see the new products arriving in stores (so I can buy way too many packs)?

2. Aside from the "rarity" distribution within the Battle Chest, will it just be random as far as magic item "type" (such as shield, sword, etc) and color?

3. How rare are the new monsters going to be? Please oh please tell me it's not going to be "Unseelie" rare.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect me to spend some cash at Gencon, hopefully I can grab a few of these monsters as well. I actually just bought a couple of dwarf/gobbo starters from a retailers warehouse, so that might help carry those things along. I need a Beholder though, so I am stoked to not need to buy corals. SWEET!!!
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
3. How rare are the new monsters going to be? Please oh please tell me it's not going to be "Unseelie" rare.

The dot on the monster indicates rarity. The only other monsters I know with this dot are Darktree and Strangle Vine (courtesy of Troy Chitwood). So it sounds like not a super-rare rare, but an uncommon rare.
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unicorn has a diamond. I thought the Behemoth did too.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand the diamonds are the rarest of the monsters.
Drachenwürfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Behemoth has a Circle, like the Darktree has, thats a uncommon.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drachenwürfel wrote:
No, the Behemoth has a Circle, like the Darktree has, thats a uncommon.

Right, I said dot instead of circle, but same meaning. Diamon is the rare, and arrow is the common.
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will these be available on the store? Smile
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around GenCon (i.e. August).
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess, Denim? Within 7 days after GenCon. About the 22nd of August.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
Three quick questions:

1. When can we expect to see the new products arriving in stores (so I can buy way too many packs)?

2. Aside from the "rarity" distribution within the Battle Chest, will it just be random as far as magic item "type" (such as shield, sword, etc) and color?

I haven't had enough sleep yet to post some teaser images (and its a long time until August so I can't blow them all at once).

However to answer some questions... These will likely be released at Gencon, so online sales will start then to be shipped after Gencon. However, we may or may not take pre-sales that is still in discussion...

The distribution in the battlechest is random and flat. So missile isn't any harder to get than melee or save or magic.

Finally, the 'dot' on the beholder indicates it as an 'uncommon' monster.

Monsters have always been categorized (internally) as a common monster, uncommon monster, rare monster, ultra-rare monster. Most races don't use all of these and some races only use two (common and rare). There are also sometimes variances. i.e. one uncommon monster might be slightly more common than another. However it provides a rule of thumb for the rarity.

For those who might have an Umber Hulk or Death Naga and be worried about their relative worth (considering that you may not be able to tell the difference between the starter and kicker versions...) The relative rarity (and thus secondary market value) of those dice remain exactly the same.

SFR started this practice with Treefolk and have continued it into these two races. I can confirm that it will also be done on the two elves and probably amazons. There are no plans to do it on the other races as we won't be modifying those molds.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
Monsters have always been categorized (internally) as a common monster, uncommon monster, rare monster, ultra-rare monster. Most races don't use all of these and some races only use two (common and rare). There are also sometimes variances. i.e. one uncommon monster might be slightly more common than another. However it provides a rule of thumb for the rarity.

And I assume some rare dice have internalized rarities as well? Such as Blazer being a common, but Inferno being a rare (or ultra-rare)?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated my FAQ on my personal Dragon Dice™ website to show the new products and the new rarities. I've also updated the number of dice in the game in another post.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
I've updated my FAQ on my personal Dragon Dice™™ website to show the new products and the new rarities. I've also updated the number of dice in the game in another post.

The old original 5 race monsters show an x/30 rarity and the new reprint rarity for these same races is now x/40. I am guessing that this means the kicker pack 1 monster molds only had 30 cavities, and then TSR went to 40 cavities for all the rest (Firewalkers-Scalders)... and SFR continued with 40 cavities for Treefolk and now for the new molds of the original races as well. Is this accurate? Was there something wrong with the x/30 mold design or just a desire to base monsters out of 40?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
Was there something wrong with the x/30 mold design or just a desire to base monsters out of 40?
I think its more of a manufacturing thing. They used to do 30 and now they do 40. So its just a change in their process that we are catching up to.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange as it may sound, we were told that when we went from 4 different monsters in the mold to 5 different, we had to go from a 30 cavity mold to a 40 cavity mold. Rolling Eyes I doubt that was really the case, but that's what we were told. In any case, now all monster molds have 40 cavities.

And yes, that means in order to make the fifth monsters, SFR had to make a new mold for each of those five first races. So keep buying dice.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: