SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starter Stock Clarification
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:48 am GMT    Post subject: Starter Stock Clarification Reply with quote

Since I've seen more than one person make the same mistake I wanted to post this separate thread for anyone else who is new to the forum and doesn't read every thread.

In 2011 there were 4 different starters, which were different racial pairs.

In 2012 this has been reduced to 2 different starters, which are racial pairs.

Every game needs a starter.
We are a game.
We need and will have a starter.

for always.
Raven's Hollow Games
dragonsteed
Retailer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Does this mean the other 2 starters will be back? Reply with quote

As far as I know the only way to acquire the first 4 races was through the starters, I sold my last starters for the old races 3 weeks ago.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 2011, that was true.

In case you missed it, all those races are slated to be re-released in a different format during 2012-13.

So the races aren't going away, just being re-org-ed.
One That Was
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually glad to hear that. I was trying to build a Goblin army when I heard that the starters are gone (See emoticon) Sad But then I heard that Kickers were being made for those races, so I'm happy (See emoticon) Smile And now I also know that Magic Items are coming back, which, for reasons unknown (They're aren't that great compared to the run of the mill dice as far as I can tell) makes me even happier (See emoticon) Very Happy
Raven's Hollow Games
dragonsteed
Retailer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that one is normal in the head. Shocked Why did I make him add the shop to his signature.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us are quite right in the head. Some are just better at hiding it. I mean look at me! They even gave me the keys to the bank account Twisted Evil
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of how many dice you can buy with those keys!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as much as you might think. Besides, he's got a basement full of dice. There are pictures posted somewhere on the forum.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Not as much as you might think. Besides, he's got a basement full of dice. There are pictures posted somewhere on the forum.
most of those are not in the public areas
Raven's Hollow Games
dragonsteed
Retailer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see those pictures. OK need an analysis team for location and camera/alarm setup. Soon I shall have the #2 collection of DD on the planet.

Wait did that post Shocked ARRGG! Why do I always forget rule one of criminal mastermind, don't tell them your plan.
One That Was
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule #1 of being a Criminal Mastermind isn't not telling people your plan. It's making sure that your plan is better than your competitors, and leaking information about your plan to make sure that anyone foolish enough to try to overcome you falls right into your evil plot.

Which is rule #2 of being a Criminal Mastermind: Have an elaborately evil plot that is elegant, sexy, and most important of all, diabolically genius.

The rest of the rules are just gravy. And a clever decoy to get people to ignore rule #1 and #2.
sstrntn

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Starters Reply with quote

Quick Question,
For your Starter Boxes, either the Amazon/Swamp Stalkers or Undead/Feral; Are the Starter boxes packed with all the same dice or do the dice differ from box to box? Will the same Lands, Dragons, Commons, Uncommons, Rares and Monsters be in each box?

Just wondering if it was worth only buying one box or more than that if they differ.

Sean
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will all be random.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
sstrntn

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll have to get my local store to start stocking it.

Sean
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of Starters, have you considered just doing separate Starter/Battlefield Kickers? Something like 6 terrain and 2 Dragon Dice™, or whatever mix in a box. This would have a couple of good benefits.

Anyone could make their own starting set is the obvious advantage. As well as occiasionally just adding some more dice in case of emergency or panic about not having enough dice, but without always getting the same 2 Starter Races.

The other one is that it would really facilitate running store events. With these, stores could then easily run Sealed Box or Draft Tournaments using any of the races.

I've been thinking about how I could start running regular DD events at my FLGS (Pandemonium Books & Games here in Cambridge, MA). But the choke point on being able to run store games is getting those terrains and dragons available in additional formats to Constructed Army.

If we ever got these packs going, I'ld immediately start planning with Pandemonium to run a big Release Event, and then ongoing Dice Days.

Perhaps this would be a good Kickstarter project (get it ~,^)! KS would certainly be good for raising awareness for the game in general, and a great jumping off point to bring organised play into stores with the Starter Kickers.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat wrote:
Thinking of Starters, have you considered just doing separate Starter/Battlefield Kickers? Something like 6 terrain and 2 Dragon Dice™™, or whatever mix in a box.

Yes we have and while the time isn't quite right yet for something like this, it is a discussion that is on the table and nearing the top of the 'go/no go' discussion.
jcavalchini
dragonmount

australia.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:20 am GMT    Post subject: starter pack stock Reply with quote

When will more starter packs be available to purchase and what will be in them?

Thanks
Josh
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still working out the new starter packs. Sorry, not a lot of details at the moment. I will say that it will be different from our old starters.
jcavalchini
dragonmount

australia.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 am GMT    Post subject: So how can I acquire terrains? Reply with quote

I live in Australia and I have just dusted off my dice after a very long time in hibernation. I have a friend interested in playing but I can't find anyone selling the dice here. Buying kickers etc online is okay but we have no way of getting basic terrains. I have looked on eBay and there is almost nothing available.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:45 am GMT    Post subject: Re: So how can I acquire terrains? Reply with quote

jcavalchini wrote:
I live in Australia and I have just dusted off my dice after a very long time in hibernation. I have a friend interested in playing but I can't find anyone selling the dice here. Buying kickers etc online is okay but we have no way of getting basic terrains. I have looked on eBay and there is almost nothing available.

If we sold a little bag (no box) of four random basic terrains (just like you would get in a starter).

Would that interest you? maybe just as a stopgap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: