SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Army Analyzer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:38 am GMT    Post subject: Online Army Analyzer Reply with quote

This is a generic placeholder thread for the Online Army Analyzer.

It will evolve over time.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brain hurts, so I'm stopping on this one for today. A few things...

This uses a PHP session, which I'm 90% sure is cookie based. So if you have cookies turned off it might not be able to 'remember' the army you are building and thus will only ever show one die in the army and nothing in the analysis.

I also have not tested this in anything but firefox yet...

%favorable didn't make sense in an army perspective, so i replaced it with the 1 std dev values, ie 68% of the rolls will fit within that range. I also updated the graphic.

would the 2std and 3std make sense here? ie 95 and 99 % of rolls?

The only other thing I might do here is change the die count to be a text box to make it easier to enter... but I need to think about it.

once I've let this bake in a little while I'll add a link so that the generated product can be mass loaded into the 'army' and another button so you can clear the entire army easily.

once this interface is solid, being able to roll the army will be much simpler than what I've done over the last 4 hours...
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic now I might be able to build an army Smile
Love the 1 std (2std and 3 std don't make to much sense with my limited knowledge of statistics) the + and - work just great so textbox would be later release Iguess. Thanks for this wonderfull feature
A clear all button would be a nice to have feature to start a new army.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used this several times during games already. Highly useful indeed, and just as much fun. I agree on including a clear-button though. Oh, and the magic-results seemed to mystify me, though I'm not really sure as to how or why anymore.

F
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:40 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magic assumes you can always double your ID's. that may not be the 'right' way to do it, but if you start getting into ... this terrain or that or this action or melee or melee-counter or dragon...

I'd need an entire page per die.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: