SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firewalker vs Scorching touch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLazyhase
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Firewalker vs Scorching touch Reply with quote

Hello.

I have recently discovered the "madness" of the Charkin who reflect eight damage to your face. I have then tried to see what can be done against this madness :
* missile attack. Their racial ensure this can only work with a dedicated missile wing, which not every army have.
* Cloak. Well, the dice is not released yet. Also, you need the cooperation of a dragon to have it active for the scorching touch.
* spells. Since I have read that magic save work two time against a Charkin's Counter, Green and Gold magic should be enough ; black provide Open Grave, which work well too.

This let Firewalker in the cold, at least apparently. Since their ranged units are pretty bad and usually left out, I don't see tricks for a firewalker-only army to not get slaughtered by a Charkin counter. Is there one which I didn't think of ?

(of course, a melee-only army of any race would have trouble, but that kind of army is asking for trouble anyhow)
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firewalkers indeed do not have the greatest direct answers against Charkin. Some of the slightly less-direct ways in which the combo could be death with:
- Flame: combine two of these SAIs and make sure the Charkin never sees the light of day again
- Lightning strike: this might sound lame, but with the disturbing amounts of magic the Firewalkers can dish out and a 2/3 chance to kill, lightning strike is certainly worth it. This is probably the most promising route.
- Avoid direct confrontation: terrain flight should make this somewhat easier to achieve.
- Attack while at your 8th: you can double your melee results from saves, which almost gives you the same effect. Almost. (Though if you add some flaming armour of Wilding to that...)

Personally, I do not think that the Charkin are the worst things in the Scalders arsenal. Dragonne Knights and the Krakatoa-Combo however...

F
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see tricks for a firewalker-only army to not get slaughtered by a Charkin counter. Is there one which I didn't think of ?

Well first thing that comes to mind...
Charkins have only the ID and Counter as saves.

So Lightning Strike seems to be a nice choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Strategy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: