SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna help me construct three armies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo
common

italy.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am GMT    Post subject: Wanna help me construct three armies? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'll be on holiday with my family in a week time (my wife, our ~5 year old son and me) and I wanted to bring some Dragon Diceâ„¢ armies with me, so maybe we can manage to have a game or two during the pause from work.

It's been a long time since I played a complete match, even thought we've tried out the game from time to time (my son and me. It's still a bit too complicated for him, but we try nonetheless).

Our dice collection is made of Firewalkers, Ferals and Undead.
I've seen ferals can be quite persisting with their ability, but as for the Undead I still have to understand them well. As far as Firewalkers goes, I think I have to take great care on how to balance the army.

In the end I am asking you all to give me advice (or even ready-made armies if you wish) on how to create 3 balanced armies from those three races.

Beside Lich for Undead (of which I have one) and Hawk-folk for Feral (of which I have none), I've got quite some of each of the three races dice, but I don't have any other dice (medallions, minor terrains, etc).

Someone wants to help?

Thanks in advance,
Danilo
mindspike
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the quick and dirty army constructions that has worked for my gaming group: construct every army with the same troops.

For a 36-point game:
1 monster
3 rare
6 uncommon
11 common

or for a large game (87 points)

3 monsters
Each unit type gets 1 rare, 3 uncommon, and 6 common dice. This gives you ten dice each of Light Melee, Heavy Melee, Missile, Cavalry, and Magic.

Loads of fun if you have the dice to roll.

I know this post missed your vacation, hope you had a good time!
live4redline
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Like he said.

This is what I do... I have a large collection of dice devoted to supplying game play to people who don't know how or are unable to build there own armies. So I built up a collection with something like eight of every common, six of every uncommon, six of every rare, and four of every monster I could afford. We then play "close your eyes starter box" or "close your eyes starter box plus one". You start off by separating the races and then again by each rarity. You then pick your race and at random with your eyes closed pick the dice to match the size of a starter box and some times a starter box and a starter pack. We then usually let you pick what dragons and terrain you want to play and with the addition of some cheat sheets I wrote up for each race (something similar to the play mats) we are ready to rock and role. Everyone gets a randomly generated army and although its a luck of the draw if your army is gonna suck balls or not, it does do a good job to keeping the armies fare, equal and fun over the course of many games. The army building in Dragon Diceâ„¢ is one of the best parts of the game but untill you can find someone on your level to compete with, you have to stick to making the game fun and the randomness of play really seems to achieve that and you still get to play you some Dragon Diceâ„¢.

Good luck and enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Strategy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: