SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come on, do it one time. You know you want to.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:27 am GMT    Post subject: Come on, do it one time. You know you want to. Reply with quote

Call this Majiken's Challenge.

There are 116 registered members of the forum, but only a few post regularly. This thread is for each member of the forum to post a reply.

Now before you get carried away, here are the rules (not that this is a game, but it's my thread, so there).

Post ONE time only. Even if you're dying to respond to something, you only get one post.

Posts must be at least one sentence. Not one word or a smiley. Post where you're from, how long you've been playing, your favorite race of Dragon Diceâ„¢, (<----- I do that just for the TM thingy), or anything of the sort. It can be any length.

As this is the first post, I don't get to do it again. This thread should always match the # of members if everyone does it right.

Why do this?
1. New members should post something, not just lurk in the shadows.
2. Because Steve is at Disneyworld and I had nothing better to do. Throw me a frickin' bone here!

Go with it! Laughing

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Majiken on Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:05 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm... I'm from here. Where else would I be from?

Feels like I've been playing since the dawn of time.

My favorite race is whichever one wins for me.
koslowj
common
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the spirit of cooperation, I'll go ahead and do my post. I've been playing since around '98 or '99. I won Nationals and Worlds in 2001 and repeated in Worlds in 2002. At least for those tournaments, Frostwings and Coral Elves were my favorites.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing DD since around 1996 or '97 with a big break in between. My favorites have always been (and still are) the Goblins, in which I especially love Trolls and Leopard Riders (that's why I just changed my icon to one of those instead of the Hedge Wizard I used to use).
But I've never played any race that came after Undead, so maybe that's why. I'm into checking out Undead and Amazons next (have enough dice for all races up to Feral) and I'm just waiting to have enough of the races that followed to build appropriate armies with those. Even though I started playing a long time ago I see myself as bloody greenhorn in playing due to the long break I had. I mainly just collected DD during that period of time (lack of playing partners).
Since I tumbled across this forum in March this year I'm pretty active again and was lucky to be able to play again (still seldomly but at least I'm playing! Razz ).
Furthermore I'm involved (in cooperation with the other German speaking forum members) in the presently ongoing translation of the new advanced rules.

Unfortunately Germany is too far away to attend any conventions held in the USA! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
ldorn
dragonfoal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing from almost the beginning. The group I was with at the time favored multi-player battles (6-8 players) with 75 health armies.

I recently dragged my dice out (shortly after joining the board) and been playing solo at my game shop.

As a result I was able to do a few demos, but no real interest has come of it.
slcobbs
uncommon
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played from the very beginning, became a plastic crack addict and the rest is history.

I've been to Gencon since 1996, with one hiatus in 1997. I've got every die that was in production, plus some that weren't Mr. Green Although my collection doesn't even rival 20% of Chuck's massive number.

I've played countless number of games. My favorite race is the Eldarim (probably spelled it worng Embarassed). I just love those slayers.

Scott C
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the above rules !
Can someone please explain them ?
Rolling Eyes
wuxia
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Wuxia and I'm now a Dragon Diceaholic.

I became one at Origins this year. I thought I had a problem when I was just collecting. Now I'm certain I have a problem after playing. (Thanks Joe, Steve, Chris, Mike ...)

My favorite race is Dragonkin. I love those little summoned brutes.

Is there a 12 step program out there for this?
wolf
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont play but i will post. i r am being a noob at this game.
Autpost
common
Stockholder

latvia.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've allowed Dieter to take my post; So it's OK for him to post twice.

But wait! - That means I've got zero posts and I shouldn't be here!

Embarassed I'd better go back East now.

BTW: A tip for all one time posters: You are not allowed to post twice, but you are allowed to edit your precious as often as you want. So if you want to respond to something just write it in.

(Ok, several posts in this topic have been removed.)

Last edited by Autpost on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:44 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
Vincenca
dragonfoal

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autpost wrote:
I've allowed Dieter to take my post; So it's OK for him to post twice.

But wait! - That means I've got zero posts and I shouldn't be here!

Well, if that's possible then I just use up my 100th-member-bonus and take over autposts post Very Happy Very Happy . So that actually allows him to be here.

I'm a newbie in DD and I only play it 'cause I'm forced to do so by my husband (He uses a big wooden spoon for that which he got from one of his units in his Goblin army! Don't know where he got that idea from!?)!!! Well, actually I'm starting to have fun with it. The more you play it, the better you get, the more fun you have!

I prefer Lava Elves and got a pretty nasty Magic/Melee-army together.
But now that I've experienced my husband tearing my army apart with his new Undead army, I'm thinking about playing Undead, too! Twisted Evil

BTW, I hate "Rend"!!!! My husband's dang lucky in rolling it with his Leopard Riders! And Undead's "Plague" whiped out half of my L.Elve army once! One should use that big wooden spoon on those who invented these SAIs Wink Laughing Mr. Green Twisted Evil Exclamation Exclamation
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, um, hi...(taps microphone)...is this thing working? Uh, hello...?

My name is Steve and I'm a diceaholic. Sure, just like everybody else I thought I was in control. I could quit anytime I wanted. I could sell my dice if I wanted to. The usual denials.

But I DON'T WANT A 12-STEP PROGRAM! I like my addiction! I NEED my addiction! My addiction is what makes me me! I want MORE dice-I just bought more at Origins! I looked for dice at DISNEY WORLD, for Pete's sake! And they don't make any except for fuzzy car dice-and I bought those last time! So I'm INVENTING a DISNEY DICE GAME, for crying out loud! I'm hooked!

But please don't help me! I don't need your help! In fact, if you're posting here, there's a good chance you're just as bad as I am! I don't even care about winning the games, as long as I get to roll the dice! Heck, I even play lousy games just to roll dice. (MSD, anyone?) I bought the wretched Koplow Golf Game! I have NEW JERSEY dice! (They really should glow in the dark, though.) I want to replace the spinner in the Game of Life with DICE!

OK, I'm calm now. Next?
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
myzery256
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is Jeff.

This is my first post. When I was in 5Th grade I went to the local general store and they had Dragon Diceâ„¢ starters, I bought one and loved it so I bought more. My friends and I had no idea how to play so we made up our own way to play. The store stopped carrying them after firewalkers and after that they were much harder to find. I located about 2 stores that sold them and bought a few undead kickers. After that they were pretty much impossible to find so I forgot about them till now. Now I want to play again so these seemed like a logical forum for me to join.

Last edited by myzery256 on Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:32 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
Colanius
dragonmount

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is Markus. I'm from Germany.
I play Dragon Diceâ„¢ since April 2005 when two friends of mine used to find new players for the game they have bought.
I have played a test-game and it was so much fun (also i did not win Sad ) that I'm playing it since.
Paladine

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:23 am GMT    Post subject: Hello from Missouri Reply with quote

I started playing Dragon Diceâ„¢ when it first came out in 1995, I think. I haven't been able to play in years (approximately 9), but I plan on playing in some of the tournaments at GenCon.

I even got to meet Lester Smith, shortly after he left TSR. He ran a Dragon Diceâ„¢ tournament at VisionCon in 1996. I also had a chance to demo a new dice game he was working on. It was not the Chaos dice game, but one based on the Chinese Zodiac. If any of you have seen the movie Big Trouble in Little China, when Egg and LoPan were fighting each other with magic the big shadow like warriors they summoned. That was what the game was to represent. Unfortunately he was not able to make it since the company he was working for at the time either went bankrupt or something and he was not able to get the rights to the game.

I am looking forward to meet Chuck and the rest of SFR that will be attending GenCon. I am really glad that you have picked up this game. I had a blast when I was able to play and hopefully I can get my local store to pick up some of the new product.

James
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, Dennis here in oregon.
been collecting since 96 or 97, have only had the chance to play a live competitor two times since then. have a complete collection 3 time over and then some. still looking for someone to play with who lives near by and trying to get my friends (who think im nuts to collect this game) into playing. later, den Confused
Arkain
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in western PA, USA. My roommate from college got me into the game just this year even though we've been out of college for near 10 years.

I am the type that buys fast and hard, I never just "try" something. So far after 2/3 months, I have 1120 Dragon Diceâ„¢, plus or minus a few. Darn bills getting in the way though.. have to pay the utilities. Laughing So I have to slow down.

Favorite race, only tried, undead twice and I'm playing a campaign with Swampwalkers. So none so far.
MikeD
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's my turn to post to this thread. I've been in the game since I first saw it in Toys "R" Us in late 1995. Ended up buying out the stock of the local Toy "R" Us stores and the local K Marts. (they never did re-stock Crying or Very sad ) Then discovered the alt.games.dice group and managed to collect all the dice that were then in production. I and my son have been to 5 GENCONs and 2 Origins since then. I love meeting and playing everyone at the conventions since this is about the only time I get to play folks better than me - I spend my time locally trying to drum up new players for the game - but it's hard to develop skills with the Advanced Rules when all you do is use the demo rules Therefore, anyone in the Baltimore, MD area who wants to play DD, fell free to contact me so we can set up some games.

Later,
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Netherworlder
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the ads for DD in Dragon Magazine back in '95 - and immediately decided to avoid the game like the plague. I was in graduate school, married with two kids and struggling to get by.

I got a real job in 1996 and moved to a college town in central Illinois (you know the one I mean). The local K-Mart had everything marked down by then and I bought them out. I entered a few on-line contests and won some more. By then I was hooked. I have managed to collect nearly everything, I think i am missing only a Blue Trebuchet, Unseelie and Unicorn from the actual production dice. I also have a few oddities, an unpolished Ettercap, a TSR Gold Dragonkin Champion, a set of design test dice from Firewalkers (jointly owned with my cousin) and one Swampland terrain misprint with the Highland icon layout (as pictured in the DCM).

I have slowed my buying with recent sets, no reprint Scalders or Frostwings at all yet, due to other financial concerns, like two children off to college in the next three years, but I am still a fan. I love the new rules - for the most part - and I pick up the new promos every year at GenCon.

Too much typing for one day, I am starting to ramble...
Tinytode
common

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what to say, but here I am. Always looking to play so drop a message if you live near NJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Looking for other players? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: