SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chill Wind Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Themed Game Summaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chill Wind Campaign
March 18, 2005

Trying some really different rules tonight…

Back to the Caverns- Deep beneath the land of Cyrea, ancient caverns fester with the decay of foul beasts long forgotten even by legends. Sensing the movement of Death in the world above, the pieces of these beast assemble to form new terrors. Among the most fearsome are the Demon Knights, who rule over the gates of Ga’Henne, a place not even named in Cyrean legend. To prove their worth, these Knights engage in gladitorial combat, with winners gaining glory and prestigious positions, while the losers crawl off to get themselves together (literally). Tonight is a Challenge Night in Ga’Henne…

Special rules: See my page at http://members.aol.com/DDiceRC/CPhome.html for the Demon Knight rules.

Round 1- Elfyra (Fire) vs. Dead Fiend Walking (Death)…

Elfyra dashes in for an attack. A kick and a couple of blows injure DFW. DFW angrily lashes back, inflicting serious injury on the defenseless Elfyra. A light tap knocks DFW only slightly off-center. He returns an incredible flurry that completely stuns Elfyra. DFW brushes off Elfyra’s sword and mashes her into oblivion.

Dead Fiend Walking wins!

(Hey, Chuck-Does a die brought back with a Potion get to roll this turn? Those recovered by plusses don’t, but the Potion description says “back into play.”)

Round 2- That ROTS! (Rot) vs. Frosty the Snowfiend (Frost)

That ROTS! Closes in first. He flails ineffectually. Frosty whacks at TR’s arms. TR returns some potent slugs. Frosty whacks away at TR’s extremities. TR wraps Frosty up and whacks with his staff. (Hmm…Frosty seems to be rotting away.) Frosty squirms away. TR chomps and flails. Frosty has no extremities left (well, a weakened tail). He is unable to answer the bell the call to continue battle.

That ROTS! Wins!

Champion to be determined…

(PS-Yes, this one counts. If you don’t know what that means, you need to go to our world…)
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDiceRC wrote:
(Hey, Chuck-Does a die brought back with a Potion get to roll this turn? Those recovered by plusses don’t, but the Potion description says “back into play.”)

No, if the die is not rolled at the beginning of your turn, it cannot be used during that turn. It is available for play for your next turn. Except for Noble Fiend die that can be used at the end of your turn. Those could be returned from the "stunned" pool and then used later in that same turn.
riolis
common
Rep

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:29 pm GMT    Post subject: here's one for ya Reply with quote

Reverse Magic, instead of no magic, and spells back fire, dragonkin side with the other side, lighting takes out your troop, saves go to where they are not needed. you get the idea Twisted Evil
Mr. Green Fan Club Member Mr. Green
http://dragondice.ryanssaunders.com/
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making a list (and checking it twice) of anyone who is interested in playing a CWC game. I have a few names and e-mails, but just to be sure if you are interested send your name and e-mail address to me at DDiceRCataol.com (changing the boldface at to the @ sign).
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling all CWC aficionados...

Anyone interested in trying our next game on the forum? If we have enough players, I'll post a scenario and we can go to it.
myzery256
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:28 pm GMT    Post subject: sounds good to me Reply with quote

count me in
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask! Just count on me!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Will it be "live" like in the chatroom (AIM), or like the other forum games?

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're thinking of trying a forum-based game. I don't know how many players we could manage under that style, but as long as everyone will promise to do at least one turn a day it shouldn't be too bad-kind of like a PBEM game.

With that in mind, for those who want to play, what races would you like to play? We have two scenario sets going, one of which involves single-race armies of Morehl™, Trogs™, Sarslayan, and Undead, while the other is two-race armies of Selumari™/Amazons (2 armies), Faeli/Empyrea, and possibly Ghwereste/Efflorah. The Vagha™ and Areosa are currently minding their own business (although trouble may be brewing soon for them).

(For those unfamiliar with the "official" names for the races, here's the list: Coral Elves=Selumari™, Dwarves=Vagha™, Goblins=Trogs™, Lava Elves=Morehl™, Firewalkers=Empyrea, Feral=Ghwereste, Swamp Stalkers=Sarslayan, Frostwings=Areosa, Scalders=Faeli, Treefolk=Efflorah. And no, I don't know where the names all originated.)
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to check out a two races game and would like to try the Amazon/Coral elve army. Is there any race ratio for the armies like 50/50% or at least 25/75% of each race must be included? Or would it even be possible to build an Amazon army with just one Coral Elve unit??

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The racial makeup of armies is usually dependent on the scenarios we're playing. Occasionally, there are armies that are imbalanced due to storyline requirements. The CWC is the ultimate "friendly" game-there are players who don't mind losing (even thought they always do their best to win) if it advances the story.

Having said that, I think for the particular scenarios we're going to be playing the armies should be at least 1/3 of the second race. So you could play 24h Amazons and 12h Selumari™, for example.

Also, some of the armies will be operating under a magic item restriction (as in, they can't use magic items). This will affect one of the Selumari™/Amazon armies and the Ghwereste/Efflorah army. In the ongoing CW saga, these are armies absolutely opposed to the continued existence of the Magestorm items.

More about the CWC can be found on the DDRC website at http://members.aol.com/DDiceRC/CWChome.html.
myzery256
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:25 am GMT    Post subject: army building Reply with quote

I'm not really sure I have enough other dice to build a non frostwing army. Ill see what I can come up with but I am assuming it will be a less then competitive army. However either way i am excited to play.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, me too! I'm hot for it and if the Selumari™/Amazon armies can't use magic items that's just fine with me, I hardly have any of those and don't like using them so far. So I'll stay with my wish to play that CE/A army, if possible! Very Happy

www.dragondicer.com
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there have been enough comments about the CWC that I'd like to see if we can get something rolling again. If you would be interested in playing games via AIM chat, and enjoy the challenge of being given a certain race and/or special rules to play with (this is a storyline-based campaign, after all), post here. I need to know:

1) Your DD experience (we love helping newbies learn the game, so don't let that scare you),

2) What races you could play (i.e., make a competitive army with the dice you own),

3) What nights and times you could potentially be available (please list time zone as well, since we play across a wide geographic range),

4) How often you would like to/be available to play (weekly, monthly, etc.).

Joe and I will sift through this and see what we can do.
Pelter_Boy
uncommon

fiji.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to join in the CWC. I've played Dragon Diceâ„¢ as long as you have, and I've played some games via AIM chat (as destroyer). I could play coral elves, dwarves, goblins, firewalkers, undead, undead, swamp stalkers, frostwings, scalders, treefolk, eldarim (I think), and pelters. I would be available just about anytime I don't have marching band or school. I would like to play weekly.

Yes, there is a reason I put undead twice, and yes, there is a reason I'm posting this.
First person banished North
First person banished south of S&JW
First person with posts banished from the forum
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've played Dragon Diceâ„¢™ as long as you have

Not really. I started collecting when you were four, and I started really playing when you were about seven. Of course, you did win the Eastern Regional at 11, and the World Championship at 15...
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddicerc wrote:
Quote:
I've played Dragon Diceâ„¢™™ as long as you have

Not really. I started collecting when you were four, and I started really playing when you were about seven. Of course, you did win the Eastern Regional at 11, and the World Championship at 15...

Pretty easy to win at that age when the total number of players is 3 or less.

Razz

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Majiken on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:56 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
Pelter_Boy
uncommon

fiji.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Pretty easy to win at that age when the total number of players is less than 3 or less.

less than 3 or less? What is less than less than 3? Or did you mean 3 or less?
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey, Joe, you want I should smack 'im on the head? To teach him to respect his elders?

Well, in the ER, he did win the multi-player when Paul and I got too engrossed in beating each other to figure he was much of a threat. I then won my two two-player games, but Pelter Boy then managed to beat Paul straight up to win it. So, beating three of four adults you face when you're 11 isn't bad.

I blame Colorado Springs players not showing up, Brad's illness (not his fault), and the general lack of numbers for the opposition for the embarrassment of his being WC. (Although, again to be fair, the top qualifier after the prelims was an 11-year-old, who I think everyone who was there told me was making some insanely good/lucky rolls in the prelims.)
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pelter_Boy wrote:
Quote:

Pretty easy to win at that age when the total number of players is 3 or less.

Smack the brat.

I just finished a 12 hour day dealing with idiot consumers and a busted engraving machine (which I had to fix without tech support), so I can be excused for RMTS.

What's your excuse, kiddo? Did you forget where the SHIFT button is to make the first word in your sentences a capital? Razz

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Pelter_Boy
uncommon

fiji.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's your excuse, kiddo? Did you forget where the SHIFT button is to make the first word in your sentences a capital?

Yes, I did, but I found it by the end of the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Themed Game Summaries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: